15. Kill Him

I sat in my usual seat at the back of the classroom. Mr Graham's music was still playing as fellow classmates entered and sat, ready for the day. I could see him greeting the other students from the door with a bright smile and welcoming gaze. I remembered the days that he would call me Mr Hunt as I entered. I was once as unknown to him as he was to me. To everybody else, he was a lonely, handsome man that taught one of their classes. I liked knowing that I had a special connection to the man they all wished to know more about.

Why was he single? Everybody knew that he used to be an EMT but he never gave an explanation for leaving to become a professor. He was a mystery to the school. But I had found some things out about him from the way he talked during killing.

There was one moment he admitted to having a fiancé that he tried desperately to have a family with. They would have been a perfectly happy couple if Mr Graham hadn't found out that his lady preferred the company of other men. Therefore, he killed her and their unborn child. Mr Graham hadn't mentioned that part about the child but I had pieced it together after snooping through his house and seeing all the old baby shower gifts hidden away in the closet of the guest bedroom.

In his remorse, Mr Graham left his job and lived a sad life teaching English literature to college students. Life went on for him and his darkness grew as he realized what he had done. He began killing more women and growing attached to his only children, the students. He began teaching horror literature with an interest in why people enjoyed such grotesque things. Why had he grown to love killing women? It was a mystery to him and so he taught, in hopes of discovering what inspired people's dark interests.

"When can we kill again?" The rat asked once everybody had entered and class started.
Mr Graham and I both shared an expression of alarm as Drake openly brought up our previous activities. I was too far away from the two to help make what Drake said seem less real.

Mr Graham laughed nervously and clapped his hand on Drake's shoulder.

"Let's not waste any more class time." He glanced around but nobody seemed to be paying attention.

Drake wandered to his seat and glanced back at me with his sinister grin. I stared at him emotionlessly, annoyed to have to see him so soon again. It was only last Friday he had been in our basement and showed his colors.

I was slightly impressed by his cruelty but I couldn't stand his stupidity and impoliteness. He hadn't helped at all with the clean up even though he had made most of the mess. Instead, he had fun playing with the dead parts of the woman's body. It also angered me how in control Drake felt. He shouldn't be allowed to feel that confident in himself.

There were things about Drake that could be considered wrong. Rapist, baby killer, likes to bite chunks out of people. I didn't do those kinds of things but they were interesting to me. I usually didn't act so animalistic, though I often imagined it. Fantasized.

I had noticed that Mr Graham was the kind of killer that got off on actually taking the life. Drake and I got off on the abuse and torture before taking the life. Mr Graham seemed fine with some of my torturous foreplay, but I always wished to do more. That is why I preferred killing without him.

As I was allowed to act on my impulses with my victims, I had been noticing my desires had been increasing and growing stronger. More gruesome. Sometimes the disgustingness of things is what made me love it. At first the idea of cutting up someone's body was off putting. Now I could do it when the victim was living, and I'd still want to fuck their mouths. I used to think necrophilia or cannibalism were big no no's for me. But the more I killed, the more curious I became and desired.
I knew better than to allow myself to act in such ways, though. Mr Graham kept me in check too. Because he knew of my killing desires, I didn't want him to feel threatened by me and decide to dispose of me.

Since I did many reckless things like take pictures of my victims, kidnap people from our town, or kidnap people on impulse, Mr Graham was often upset with me. But he trusted that I knew what I was doing. I didn't want to give him more reason to dislike something about me, especially since he seemed so off put by Drake's rapist and baby killing status.

Even though Mr Graham considered me to be a son, I imagined he might still kill me if he thought his life was threatened. I wasn't offended by that. I would do the same. I didn't really consider him to be my father, but since he liked it, I went with it. I could appear charming when I wanted. Even though Mr Graham clearly felt something fatherly towards me, I couldn't offer him any emotion in return. I didn't think he realized that though.

Finally the class ended and the students began to leave. I locked eyes with Mr Graham as I packed up my things and could tell he wanted to talk to me. I let the rest of the class leave before walking up to meet him. I had noticed Drake leave last, probably wanting to see if Mr Graham would speak to him. I smirked to myself, knowing I was more important than Drake.

I walked up to his desk, my smile unfaltering.
"Kill him." Was all he said.

I stared without expression as he gathered his papers, preparing for his next class. My lips twitched in slight annoyance.

"I'll kill Justin when I've finished my fun." I stated rather boldly.

It was irritating that he felt like he could tell me when to kill my victim. It annoyed me when anybody told me what to do.

"Drake." He looked up at me. "He's too much for us."

I laughed. Oh? He really wanted me to kill his second son? He looked a bit angry but I couldn't stop smiling.

"Sure." I said as I left the classroom.

I stepped out and turned to see Drake leaning against the wall, his face completely blank. His usual smile was gone now and his body language showed he had just been listening in.

"Hey." I said awkwardly, unable to hide my smile.

I had permission to kill this rat. I laughed slightly and Drake just glared.

"I see how it is." Drake shook his head and pushed past me.

"Shit." I mumbled to myself as I continued on to my next class.

What would he do?

A/N: If you guys notice inconsistencies in my writing, please feel free to point them out! I've been working on this story for years and edit it constantly to the point I might forget certain tiny details. Like above, it says Mr Graham had a fiancé but I may have said he had a wife previously. Idk if you just notice stuff like that please let me know!