𝟎𝟎𝟐 Decisions, Decisions . . .

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐨

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐨

Ⅱ 𝒅𝒆𝒄𝒊𝒔𝒊𝒐𝒏𝒔, 𝒅𝒆𝒔𝒄𝒊𝒔𝒊𝒐𝒏𝒔 . . .

Lex Luthor Tower

THE ELEVATOR TO LEX LUTHOR'S PENTHOUSE CHIMES AND STARFIRE AND VENOM STEPPED INTO THE HALL. "Hey!" A man shouted. Hazel flicked her hand and a vine pulled him back against the wall.

"Alpha two. I have a breach Top-level," A man spoke into his walkie. Kory kicked his knee and slammed her fist across his face. A set of men ran forward and Kory kicked him and threw him into another room. Hazel grabbed the other man's arm and pulled him back. She let go and kicked herself off the wall and sent a kick to his back.

A man walked out with a knife and Kory caught his wrist and twisted until he let go. Hazel grabbed the one that ran from behind and shot a flare into his eyes. Kory and Hazel threw the men together and they fell to the floor.

One rounded the corner and Kory punched his stomach. A man ran from the left and clicked his gun. Hazel grabbed the weapon and it rippled it to sand. She kneed his sternum and a vine came up to hold his arms down.

Another pair ran out and Hazel kicked one back, smashing him into the piano. Kory punched one in the torso, making him double over in pain. Hazel threw a vine out and it stabbed through one's shoulder. Kory grabbed the last man and threw him into the table next to Lex.

Kory took a breath and gave Hazel a nod. "Sorry to disturb you at lunch hour," Hazel hummed, walking over to Lex.

"I would have beamed a message into your head, but this seemed like more fun," Kory added, fiddling with her gold gloves.

Lex nodded and stood, using the black napkin to wipe his face. "Well, what a pleasure to meet you, Starfire, Venom," Lex spoke formally. "Or may I call you Koriand'r? and Videl?"

"You can call me Kory," Kory smiled. "Lex."

"May I offer you some Spaghetti Puttanesca?" Lex offered, pointing to the table. "Or perhaps a glass of wine?"

"No, I'm okay. Thank you," Kory nodded.

"Miss Lillis?" Lex spoke.

"Hazel, please. And I wouldn't mind," Hazel corrected.

Lex nodded and took a new glass and bottle. "I understand there've been some changes on Tamaran," Lex spoke as he poured the glass. "Komand'r has now rightfully taken the throne?"

"That's right," Kory confirmed.

"And now, she possesses the power you've always thought of as your own," Luther continued and passed Hazel the large glass of wine.

"Yes, yes, but, you know, it's for the best, really," Kroy nodded. "She's- She spent her whole life feeling denied. Overshadowed. Less than." Kory paused slightly and met Lex's eyes. "But of course, you wouldn't know anything about that, would you?"