𝟎𝟎𝟏 Prophecies Of The End

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐎𝐧𝐞

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐎𝐧𝐞

Ⅰ 𝒑𝒓𝒐𝒑𝒉𝒆𝒄𝒊𝒆𝒔 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒆𝒏𝒅

SIX HOURS AFTER THE TOWER SPLIT

TERRAN WINCED, A PONDING PAIN RINGING IN HER HEAD. Terran gasped as she pushed herself up onto her knees, the rocks pressing into her palms. "Rachel!" Terran called, dragging herself closer and shaking the demon girl gently. 

Rachel gasped and shot up, her hands squeezing Terran's arms. "Terran." Rachel threw her arms around Terran, sighing softly. Slowly the others stirred awake. Cole rushed to Terran and Tim. Cole quickly checked on Terran before helping Tim to his feet.

"They're gone. They're all gone," Dick relayed, looking around the now-empty tomb.

"But we're still here," Kory said, using a rock to stand. 

"Where were we?" Cole asked.

"I don't know. All I could see was darkness."

"It was a death realm," Terran explained. "Her powers sent us there."

"How are we still here?" Tim asked, leaning on Cole for support.

"Gar saved us somehow," Rachel explained. "I heard his voice in the darkness."

"Yeah, I think I heard him too," Dick said with a nod.

"I did too," Kory echoed.

"So where is he? And Hazel?" Tim asked, looking around the temple.

"I don't know. They're alive though. I'd feel it if they weren't," Rachel confirmed and Cole's tensed shoulder dropped in relief.

Kory stepped up to the blood pool, looking down at the shimmering red liquid. "I should've killed him when I had the chance," Kory murmured, her voice laced with agitation.

"Don't do it to yourself. We all made the decision to save him, together," Dick reminded.

"Did we, though?" Conner asked, stepping up the stone steps to stand by Kory. "I thought you wanted to save him. I wanted to stop him."

"Yeah, well if you had worked with us and not run off on your own this wouldn't have been a problem," Terran scoffed, throwing her hands up. "But no you had to prove to pop's you had an ego and we had to come save you." Cole shrugged softly, giving Terran a small nod.

"And look where your plan got us," Conner scoffed. "In a big, empty B-movie Batcave. And all the bad guys scattered into the wind." Conner turned to Dick and pulled a sarcastic smile. "Take a bow, boss man."

"Stop it," Rachel yelled, at some point she had moved from Terran's side and walked to where Jinx's body once was. She knelt down and picked up a small green stone before standing again. "Jinx died for us. Fighting with each other is not going to change anything."