Chapter 19

Skip to the weekend (Because I have no idea what day I left the story)

I sat on the couch with Derek as we kept flipping channels trying to find something to watch. "So, how do you feel about meeting your dad in a few hours" asked Derek knowing I'm feeling anxious. "I truly don't know. I mean it could go great but it could go terribly wrong. If it's great I really won't know how to act; but if it's bad then I know nothing's changed between us and it probably never will." I sighed

"How about you try and ignore the bad thoughts unless you know he hasn't changed." replied Derek as he traced his fingers along my back. "I don't know if I can ignore them though. I probably will always be on guard when he's around no matter what." I frowned. "It will be hard but I'm here for you every step of the way." whispered Derek pulling me into a hug. 

Derek and I sat like that for the longest time until we were interrupted by a knock on the door. I looked over to Derek who gave me an encouraging look. I opened the door to see Klaus. "Hello Courtney." smiled Klaus. "Hi." I responded. "So where are we going today?" inquired Klaus. "I was thinking we could go for a walk in the woods." answered. "Sounds good." smiled Klaus. 

Klaus and I spent most of the day in the woods walking and talking. I feel like I could have a bond with him but it would take a long time to restore ours to be a father daughter one. When I got home I saw Derek asleep on the couch. He was probably trying to stay up for me but fell asleep. I smiled at the scene as I grabbed one of the throw blankets and covered him while I kissed his cheek. 

Then I went upstairs to change and grab a blanket and go back downstairs. When I did go downstairs I saw Derek still asleep. I heard my stomach rumble so I went to the kitchen and made myself some dinner. After I finished making dinner I sat down next to him. I was almost done eating when I felt Derek stir.

Outfit

"Angel? Is that you?" asked Derek

"Angel? Is that you?" asked Derek. "Yeah Der, I'm right here." I said. "I'm sorry I fell asleep. I tried to stay awake." said Derek. "I know, it's okay. You didn't have to stay up for me. But it's adorable that you stayed" I said. "Of course I stayed;  I wanted to make sure everything went okay. And that if you needed me I would be close." said Derek pulling me into a hug.

"That's the thing though, I always need you." I whispered then lightly kissed him. "Sounds good to me." beamed Derek. "I'm glad we agree." I grinned leaning into his neck. Soon I fell asleep cuddling with Derek.

I woke up to a blaring loud werewolf howl. "What the hell was that?" I questioned. "It's the alpha, he's been going around and turning teenagers into werewolves." answered Derek. "Why didn't you tell me!" I shrieked. "Because I didn't want you to worry. You have a enough going on with your family being here. The pack and I have it handled." said Derek.

"You didn't want to worry me? Derek of course it's going to worry me! Especially if I don't know what it is. What if it attacked me and killed me because I didn't even know it existed." I said. "You're an enhance tribrid; it wouldn't have been able to kill you. You would've killed it first." retorted Derek. "That's not the point! What if it goes after my uncle and bites him. Your werewolves are different than the ones he grew up with. He has enough self loathing as it is." I argued. 

"You mean like you." said Derek. "Excuse me." I sneered "What it's the truth, you hate yourself so you try and think of yourself as someone else so you don't have to deal with the truth. No one cares for you except for the people that have to and they didn't even do that. Which only leaves me because of the mate bond." responded Derek. 

My jaw dropped in shock. "So you're saying that if it wasn't for the fact that we mated you wouldn't care for me at all?" I questioned. "Now you're getting it! Good job." Derek replied condescendingly while smirking. "Then I'm going to do us both a favor." I sneered coldly. "What? Die? Good thinking, just get it over with." grinned Derek.

I teleported out of there as tears streamed down my face. 'What the hell was that.' I thought as I sobbed lightly. "Tori?" I heard a voice. I looked over to see that it was Scott. "Tori? What's wrong?" frowned Scott. "Please leave Scott, I just want to be alone." I whispered. "What happened? Who made you cry?" asked Scott. 

"Please just leave me alone Scott before I lose control and hurt you." I pleaded. "No, not until you tell me what happened." said Scott responded. "Scott just leave me alone." I yelled causing him to fly into a tree. "Scott, I'm so sorry." I gaped and ran towards him. "What the hell was that?" groaned Scott. "I'm so sorry Scott, when I get too emotional I lose control and that's how you were flung into a tree." I apologized.

"It's okay, I'm sorry I didn't leave you alone." replied Scott. "No, you were just trying to help. You didn't know that I would throw you into a tree like that." I said.  "I know it's probably not the time, but do you want to talk about why you're so upset?" questioned Scott. 

"Not really, I just want to take my mind off of it."I confessed. "How can I help take your mind off of what happened?" questioned Scott."Tell Derek to go fuck himself; I'm done and to have a nice life." I stated."Woah, woah, woah, where is this coming from? I thought you two were mates. I've never seen Derek this happy ever; what happened?" asked Scott. 

"I'm not going to talk about it Scott, just give Derek that message whenever you see him cause I'm outta here. And tell Finn that I'll call him later but right now I want to be left alone." I commented then left before he could say anything else.