~3~

you are the most beautiful thing in the universe, mando thinks to himself watching you sleep in your bed after getting back to the crest from just being badly hurt in a fight with someone he was hunting. after being shot in the leg with a blaster and momentarily strangled still, all he can seem to think about is the absolute beauty of you peacefully asleep. he hesitantly says your name, causing you to rustle and soon pop your head up confused about what is happening. you immediately jump up and run to him as you see blood pouring out of his leg onto the floor.

"oh, maker! what happened?" you jump into action sitting him on a chair and grabbing your med kit taking off his leg armor. "I need- um you to take your pants off...please I need to sew this up or you'll bleed out." you say making him hesitantly nod and pull his pants down, making you wince at the sight of the gash while also trying to push away the thought that he's half-naked right now. you begin by cleaning the wound and then stitching it up slowly and saying a small 'sorry' each time you had to puncture the next hole to continue the stitch causing him to wince in pain. by now it's about 3 am, mando's dazed from blood loss, and you're just exhausted.

"Are you okay?" he asks you softly putting his hand up to your face, stroking your jawline.

"me? shouldn't I be asking if you're okay?" you say in an almost shocked voice. 

he just shrugs.

"I'm okay." you say, painfully, so soft it's barely hearable.

"I'm sorry for putting you into positions like this. I just don't ever wanna burden you with my pro-" before he can finish you cut him off.

"no, no, no. don't say that. if I didn't wanna be here I would leave. I want to be here, with you." you say gently

after a long beat he begins, "let's just get some rest and then well be off in the morning." putting his gloved hand on your shoulder, beginning to pull up his pants, but lets out a painful gasp when it touches his now patched up gash.

"Okay, let me help you. you can't wear those to bed and you definitely need help getting dressed." you walk and grab him some sleep clothes out of his quarters and walk back over to him. you help him out of his bloody pants and then begin taking off the remainder of his beskar and pulling his 'under shirt' over his head, leaving his helmet and boxers. you immediately suck in a breath from the sight of his beautiful body, when he...helped you the other night he didn't take anything off that you know of so this was really the first time you've ever seen him like this. and, stars was he gorgeous. all the scars, curves, and sharp edges all over his body were breathtaking.

"Sorry to interrupt you checking me out but um- little help here I'm kinda struggling." and maker was he right, while in your lustful daze, you didn't notice that he has his shirt caught on a rough edge of the helmet and sleep shorts puddled at his ankles. it's an endearing sight, he almost looks like a little kid who is trying to dress himself for the first time. you let out a small chuckle as you shake your head, moving closer to grab the piece stuck and help him get the shirt down. you then pull up his pants careful not to catch his gash on the way up. "well this is embarrassing. the first time you see me without armor is a very non-pretty sight and I smell awful."

"hey what did I tell you a few weeks ago, I worked as a nurse for a bit so I can help you with all this type of stuff, not just take care of grogu but also you. that's what I intend to do." it was true, you did work as a nurse for a bit, and you offered to be his own personal medic and he approved. in your mind that's exactly what you're doing, but it is a plus to see him without clothes on.

he just nods and walks to his quarters. you walk to yours, medkit in hand to put it back in its spot in the kitchen. you and mando don't sleep in the same bed all the time, it's kind of an unspoken wonder for both you and mando. you're in the weird stage where you don't know if you should be sleeping in the same bed together or not. you do when either one of you is lonely, had a bad dream, or together have to lay practically on top of grogu for him to fall asleep. a lot of times you wait for mando to make the call any night he's not out hunting and he didn't say anything tonight so you just assumed he wanted to sleep alone. until you hear your door open to see mando standing there.