chapter 5- the injury

NIGHT BEFORE
its the start of the new wsl season, and im so exited for whats in store. We qualified for the UEFA womens champions league and i cant wait to get started. the world cup is at the end of next season too which im so exited to represent my home country again. Me and Beth have been named the iconic duo because if she scores i assist her and if i score she assists me. We have been together for 3 months now and we couldn't be happier. shes perfect for me.
MORNING
i wake up and turn around to see the bright smile that Beth has on her face.
B- goodmorning lieverd- she says with a smile
i gave her a soft kiss on the lips
V- good morning- i pause for a second to smile back at her -
V-someone seems happy today
B- why wouldn't i be its the start of a new season and we play brighton at home at 4:30
V- that means we can stay in bed for another 5 hours
B- no we need to be at the training ground for 12
V- but its only 6:30
B- fine we can stay in bed till 10. deal ?
V- deal- i let the biggest smirk off on my face before lightly kissing Beths lips and moving onto her chest.
B- Viv
V- Beth
B- ik houd van je
i softly smile at beth and look into her beautiful blue eyes before replying to her
V- ik houd van je Beth
3hours later
Beths alarm begins buzzing in my ears
V- ughhhhh nooooo
B- come on time to get up
V- fine
i hopped out of bed and wrapped my arms around beths shoulders
V- your such a short arse Beth
B- shut up
V- Make me
B- fine i will
Beth turns me around and pins me back down on the bed and starts kissing me passionately. she began to kiss my neck and then her alarm went off again as she hit snooze.
B- we will finish this later- she replies subtly and places a kiss onto my lips before going in her room to get dressed.
i got dressed into my training gear and headed down stairs to see everyone else
L- morning viv, what happened to your neck?
K- WOAH HAS VIV GOT A HICKEY.
i ran to the mirror and looked at the 2 bright red hickeys that have been placed upon my neck.
V- Ik ga dat meisje vermoorden
Ji- o ohhhh someones in trouble
L- care to translate ?
Ji- im going to kill that girl was her exact words
K , L and Jo- o ohhhhh
V- BETHANY JANE MEAD. COME HERE RIGHT NOW!
K,L,Jo and Ji- OH NOOOOO
B- good morning lieverd. good morning everyone, what seems to be the problem
i look at her and then point to the hickeys on my neck.
B- i wonder how that got there.
Beth looked at me with those puppy eyes and smirked. Its hard to stay mad at such a perfect face.
V- just wait until later on
K- Guys no. the thoughts running through my head are not something i wanna keep in it.
B- we better be heading off now guys

SKIP TO 4:30 start of the game

i step onto the pitch. take a deep breath and a minute to take all of this in. Its your second season viv don't screw this up.
15 minutes-
i see the ball, so i stretch out to intercept it, as i stretched i felt something tear in my knee. what the fuck was that. I fell to the floor in agony calling for the ref to come over. Tears start to stream down my face as i begin panicking. i see Beth running towards me although my eyesite has gone fuzzy due to the pain.
B- VIV? ARE YOU OKAY.
V- i cant move my left knee. i think ive torn my acl Beth, help it hurts so bad.
Beth kneels down beside me and grabs my hand and squeezes it.
B- its okay im here
V- i think im going to pass out Beth everythings gone fuzzy.
my eyes started to blacken and then it all went silent.
3 hours later
i wake up. where am i? im not on the football field. Im in hospital? what happened? i slowly open my eyes to see Beth waiting anxiously sat next to me.
V- Beth ?
B- viv. lieverd your awake.
V- what happened ?
B- 15th minute of the game you made a stretch for the ball and then fell. you told me you think it is your acl and that you couldnt move your left leg.
it all begins to come back to me
V- but how did the rest of the game go ?
B- good we won 4-2 i scored a hatrick for you lieverd. she smiles at me
V- your too good to me. i softly smile back at her.
she reaches down and places a soft kiss onto my lips.
the doctor comes into the room
D- hey viv, how you feeling ?
V- everything's a bit blurry but my knee is starting to hurt again.
D- well we have some good news and bad news.
V- bad news first please doc
D- well you have torn your acl and it looks like we will need surgery and a lot of rehab for 9-10 months
V- and the good news ?
D- it isn't career ending so you should be back to your brilliant self in about a year.
everything around me seems to freeze. a tear drifted from my face and onto Beth's hand. 10 months no football ? surgery ? rehab? this is not how i wanted the new season to start.
D- you can go home when ur ready.
V- okay thanks doc.
B- i promise you lieverd i will help you
V- but no football for so long how will i manage ?