12

niki was worried all day. he still didn't know what happened but he had never seen y/n talk the way she did earlier. she seemed distressed. it felt like she was starting to lose all emotion in the way she talked. he didn't like that feeling. she felt disconnected and not all there in the beginning.

though she started to sound better towards the end, he couldn't help but wonder what could possibly have had her seeming so lost.

he could only hope he really did help like she said he did. he was starting to realize she meant more to him than he had initially thought.

yes, she was his crush and his friend but there was something else. he felt hurt when she felt hurt. he felt happy when she felt happy. he felt connected to her in a way that he couldn't describe.

he thought about her all the time.

————————————————————————

y/n woke up early the next morning. it took her some time before she realized they were leaving that night and she was going to have to say goodbye soon. that morning felt slow but she couldn't tell if it was in a good or bad way.

niki was still awake, thank god. she appreciated how he tried to have a normal conversation without pressing her about the issue from the night before. she was so comfortable with him because he did so much to make her feel that way and she was always going to appreciate that.

she assured him she was fine and he could go to sleep right before yeji had woken up.

they would be lying if they said it wasn't awkward but it also wasn't horrible. yejis patience with seowon was disintegrating at a rapid rate after last nights events. she was mad at him but felt hurt and genuine pain when she looked at y/n. she had gone down to the basement to get ready but couldn't move her eyes away from her reflection as she sat there, wondering how everything went so wrong so fast. her blank stare looking back at her made her realize how miserable and trapped she was starting to feel.

she needed to talk to y/n. she needed her best friend. and almost as if she had heard her thoughts, the very girl she was hoping to see walked in the room.

"are you doing your makeup ?" y/n asked so calmly, she was always good at pretending nothing happened

"i was going to, but i just keep staring at the mirror." yeji replied barely able to keep the eye contact

y/n gave her a small smile and sat down in front of her. she took a deep breath and reached for the makeup bag sitting on the table in front of the mirror.

yeji just looked at her with slight confusion in her eyes and took notice of the silence. it was different than last night, it was comfortable silence. she smiled back weakly and just watched as y/n began to take things out of the bag.

"how are you feeling now ?" she asked as she started gently applying some concealer on the others face

"i've been better, but not as bad as last night."

"im ready to talk now if you're ready" y/n said and yeji slightly lifted her eyebrows and opened her mouth as if she was about to say something but closed it again

"if you're not it's okay." she gave her the same smile as before

"why are you still treating me so well ? you're still smiling at me and talking to me and making sure i'm comfortable and even doing my makeup," yeji started

"you're too nice to me. i don't deserve this."

"that mentality is exactly what led us to this situation. you deserve to be treated like a real person. i'm still being nice because no matter how hurt i may have been, you're still my friend and you're still a person." y/n spoke as she continued to brush on the rest of the face makeup