23

y/niee🧸
hey
i'm really sorry if i annoyed
you earlier
i didn't mean to
just hope you're okay

niki🕺🏻
can you just leave me alone for a while
i need space i don't have time to do whatever this is right now
i need a break
read

seojun correctly assumed y/n just did not know how to respond and left it at nothing in a sad attempt to do as he asked.

there was no going back now. a part of him wished he hadn't started all this in the first place, but what was already done could not be reversed. and so at that, seojun laid down in bed and tried his best to sleep with thoughts and heavy feelings of guilt swarming his mind.

all the while, over at the nishimura household niki had barely left his room since coming home that early afternoon. he came out once to grab the plate sola had left out for him after knocking on his door and asking with concern evident in her tone if her brother would be coming out to eat. he said he wasn't hungry and would eat later so she brought out a big plate, making sure to put good amounts of everything so he would still eat well even if he wasn't in the mood to talk. she left it on the kitchen counter with a bottled apple juice and some napkins placed neatly next to it ready for him to take.

she wasn't the only woman in the house wondering what had the boy so down. konon had knocked on his door twice since coming home. the first time, she didn't think anything was wrong until she noticed the sprawl on the table and his bland responses. she asked him if he wanted to talk. he said no. she asked him if he had eaten yet. he said no. she asked him if he was okay. there was no answer that time.

she gathered all the stuff he had laid out and tidily fixed it into one of the mostly empty cupboards. the second time she knocked was to notify him that their mother was home. that was the second time he left his room. he said hi and asked how her day was. she said it was alright and asked him if he was sleepy due to his low voice and slow movements. he said yes and that he was going to take a nap before returning back to the room.

his mother worked a lot. all three siblings were grateful for her and all of her efforts, but her frequent absence also meant she didn't pick up as quickly on signs that something wasn't okay. konon wanted to say something. she wanted to ask her mom if she didn't find it weird how her son had been sleeping all day since leaving school, how her little sister caught on quicker than she did, but she didn't. as much as she just wanted her mom to be there for him, she didn't want to put that stress on top of all the work stuff. she took care of riki and sola as best she could. she only hoped she was doing a good job.

the third time she talked to him, she didn't knock. it was now later in the night and she opened the door slightly to see him laying in bed not fully asleep. she walked in and sat on the edge of the bed. she told him she was going to watch a movie with sola in the living room if he wanted to join. he hummed and watched as she patted his back before getting up to leave the room.

he did not come out to watch the movie.

he instead stayed in bed and stared at the wall until his eyes got so heavy they started to close on their own. with the faint sound of the tv coming from outside his room comforting him in some way, niki fell asleep for the night.

————————————————————————

sitting in his car the next day, seojun heaved a sigh staring at the phone not belonging to him in his lap while parked a few houses down from where he had found out niki lived.