𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑡𝑤𝑜

CHAPTER TWO
We Were Both Young When I First Saw You

Tavia wasn't sure when 2 Jedi, a gungan, and a girl with blonde hair jumped down, but it happened. Tavia took the blade and cut the wires of some of the battle droids.

"You could do that the entire time? Why didn't you do anything before?" Govenor Bibble questioned.

Tavia looked at him, "I was doing it for dramatic effect." He shot her a very disapproving look, causing her to roll her eyes.

"We should leave the street, Your Highness." The older Jedi advised the Queen.

"Get their weapons." Captain Panaka instructed.

Tavia followed them into a slightly more covered area.

"We're ambassadors for the supreme chancellor." The older Jedi explained.

"Your negotiations seemed to have failed, ambassador." Govenor Bibble responded, slight irritation lacing his words.

"The negotiations never took place." The Jedi responded, "it's urgent that we make contact with the Republic."

Tavia snuck around without anyone noticing, and kept a lookout. She was glad she did, especially when she saw another band of battle droids. She detached their heads from their bodies with a small smile on her face.

One of the Jedi — the one closest to her age —, watched from afar, a hint of a smile was visible in his eyes. Only his eyes. For some reason, it ached to not let it reach his lips, and he cursed himself for the weird feeling in his chest when he saw her. He had heard the quiet curses she said to the battle droids when killing them, which made it harder not to smile.

She noticed Padmé subtly motioning for her to go back over to the group. The older Jedi furrowed his brows when he noticed Tavia walking back to them.

"This is Tavia Fairelon. Her timing is impeccable, and she wanders off—" Govenor Bibble introduced. "Bail Organa sent her." Tavia already knew how much dislike he had for her.

"Yeah, well, while you were busy discussing the negotiations not happening, I was killing another set of battle droids." Tavia reasoned, crossing her arms.

The blonde girl grinned, "I like her." She whispered to the older Jedi.

The Jedi around her age did his best to hide the smile on his features when Tavia told her reason for not staying with the group.

"Do you have any transports?" The blonde girl asked.

"In the main hangar, this way." Captain Panaka led the way.

The blonde girl slowed down her pace to introduce herself to Tavia. "I'm Scar Kope by the way. I'm a Captain, pilot... I flew those idiots to the negotiations, and they practically kidnapped me. I lost my ship." Scar told her.

"That idiot," Scar started, nodding over to the younger Jedi, "is a complete mess, and in need of a life." She muttered.

"Wh-"

"The older one's Qui-Gonn. One around our age is Obi-Wan."