𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑓𝑖𝑣𝑒

CHAPTER FIVE
An Alliance Is Formed

Tavia walked behind the queen, having her jacket unzipped. They were greeted by Qui-Gonn, who bowed to the queen. "Your Majesty, it is our pleasure to continue to serve and protect you."

"I welcome your help. Senator Palpatine fears that the Federation means to destroy me." Padmé told the jedi.

"I assure you I will not allow that to happen." Qui-Gonn assured her as the group walked into the ship once again.

"Wesa goin' home!" Jar-Jar hollered.

After a short while, Obi-wan had found her, sitting on the floor. He looked at her, confused. "Is there a reason why you're sitting on the floor?" He asked her.

"Not really. I'm just tired of standing, and I really don't want to sit on uncomfortable seats right now." Tavia replied, not expecting Obi-Wan to take a seat to her left.

He looked at her, noticing small cuts on the side of her face that were nearly healed. Obi-wan didn't quite understand the strange feeling in his stomach when he was near her, or how despite all of the mess, she remained calm on the outside. There was something about Tavia Fairelon that intrigued him. Although he had a decent idea of why, he didn't want to explore the possibility.

Scar walked over, standing in front of them. She kicked Obi-Wan's foot playfully (but also harshly). "Alright, Kenobi, move. Go find someone else to bother." Scar told him.

Obi-Wan sighed as he walked away. Scar stole the spot he was originally in. "I will never understand him." Scar told Tavia.

"Neither will I." Tavia agreed.

Scar looked at Tavia, then noticed the knife in her grasp. Scar immediately became interested in the weapon of choice. Tavia saw the look of awe on Scar's face, so she placed it carefully in Scar's hand.

"It's beautiful. How did you manage to get it?" Scar asked.

Tavia smiled. "It was my mother's. I grabbed it before she died. She was murdered." Her smile faltered a tiny bit.

"Well, it's a very badass knife, and I'm sorry about your mother." Scar said a condolence to Tavia.

Tavia nodded in thanks to Scar.

"I would stay, but I'd like to make sure that this ship doesn't crash." Scar said, excusing herself.

Tavia went into the other room to see Qui-Gonn, Obi-Wan, Jar-Jar, and Captain Panaka talking to the queen.

"As soon as we land, the Federation will arrest you and force you to sign the treaty." Captain Panaka warned the queen.

"I agree. I'm not sure what you wish to accomplish by this." Qui-Gonn agreed.

"I will take back what's ours." Padmé told them.

"There are too few of us, Your Highness. We have no army. The closest we have to a soldier here is Tavia Fairelon, and she is only one person." Captain Panaka explained.