𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐍𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐨𝐧

Lydia pulled out a few sheets from the file showing them to Brookie and Scott. "We need a handful of earth from the ground where Allison died," she spoke as they nodded. "Ok."

Scott extended his arm crouching to the ground when he felt two more hands join his. He turned to see the girls who smiled at him. The 2 then patted his shoulder before getting up. Scott then punched the ground. He then used his werewolf strength before breaking it and taking a handful of the soil. He slowly got up before he and Brookie placed it in a bag. "What's next?" he asked as Lydia nodded. The 3 then started walking toward their vehicle.

" Anybody mind if we close this thing?" Lydia asked indicating towards the Katana placed in the box. "Yeah" Chris muttered closing the box. "Does your mom that you're here?" Chris asked just as Brookie spread the cloth with the soil content on the table when Scott looked at him. "Does she know that you're here?" Scott asked. "No. And I want to keep it that way."

"Yeah, me too."

"Alright. Lydia, we've got the earth where she died, the weapon that took her life. According to you, that's steps one and two. What's next?" Chris asked as Lydia opened the file again.

"I was, uh, hoping you could help me figure that out," she spoke placing the papers on the table. "I mean to be honest I'm a little out of practice with all of this."

"You still scream like a banshee, right?" Scott asked as Lydia tilted her head. "Not quite like I used to. It's just like a muscle. You stop using it and it atrophies."

"Why did you stop using your powers?" Chris asked as another voice answered. "Stiles."

"Obviously it has something to do with Stiles." Jackson Whittemore spoke opening the fridge.

"Why is Jackson here?" Brookie asked confused. "What are you doing here?"

"Well, firstly Jackson prefers not to be talked about like he's not in the room. Second, well, Lydia called begging me to help as usual and I said, OK, so long as she promised never to tell Ethan, because I promised Ethan that I would never come back to this nightmare hellscape of a town." Jackson finished as Scott and Brookie sighed. "Thank you" Lydia answered sarcasm dripping in each word.

"Oh, I love these games." Jackson smiled as his hand went to take the papers, but Chris stopped him. "This isn't a game."

"I have claws that drip paralytic venom and a tail that'll snap your neck. So, take your hand off of me, old man" Jackson sneered as Chris let his hand.

Jackson sat on the floor moving the papers in some sort of puzzle solving manner as the girls sat beside him. Brookie without Jackson's knowledge ate some of the food which he had kept on the plate while the other 2 stood and watched.

A few moments later all of them stood surrounding the paper now which was solved and showed the word they Brookie, Scott, and Chris had been hearing.

  "It's a tree" Jackson spoke. "Not just a tree."

"It's the Sacred Grove." Lydia answered. "The ancient Druids call it a Nemeton." Chris answered.

"Well, it looks like a tree." Jackson said taking a bite of his food as everyone looked at him. "Well Jackson, none of us wanted to see this tree ever again after what we faced." Brookie answered as everyone looked at the papers.

Later Brookie drove her Jeep to the woods with Lydia in the passenger seat and Scott at the back.