Ch 1 - Red Light

"Our little baby bird is going on a blind date!" Dick Grayson wiped a tear from his eye.

"Tt, how many times must I tell you that it is not a date?" Damian Wayne straightened his green necktie. "I am simply attending a dinner arranged between father and his old friend. And it's not as if the girl and I will even be eating alone! Father and Jagged Stone are also attending the dinner with us."

"I'm so freaking jealous." Tim Drake complained as he buried his head under a pillow from the sofa in the center of the Wayne Manor living room. "You're going on a date with Jagged Stone's honorary niece! Do you have any idea how lucky you are? You get to meet my favorite rock musician Jagged Stone AND my favorite anonymous fashion designer MDC! You're going on a freaking DINNER DATE with MDC!"

"A dinner which I am only attending because father requested it," Damian pointed out.

"EXACTLY!" Tim groaned and chucked the pillow in Damian's direction. "WHY DO YOU GET TO GO ON THE DATE AND NOT ME? THEY'RE MY IDOLS AND YOU DIDN'T EVEN KNOW THEIR NAMES LAST NIGHT!"

Damian easily sidestepped and avoided the flying pillow.

"Calm down, Tim," warned Dick. "Don't start throwing pillows around. You of all people should know what a mistake it is to start a fight with Damian."

Damian smirked.

"I know, I know!" Tim scooted to the other side of the sofa, as far away from Damian as possible. "But what if Damian actually falls in love with MDC tonight and they start dating? And then when they break up in the future, since no sane human could ever deal with Damian's personality, and she wants nothing to do with anything that reminds her of him... including his family, which I am a member of! I'D RATHER PULL 3 ALL-NIGHTERS THAN HAVE MDC HATE ME—"

"Drake, you are acting ridiculous yet again." Damian pushed his arms through the sleeves of his classy black wool coat. "I have no intention of pursuing a relationship with this girl. I will meet her this evening, as father requested, and then never see or speak to her again."

"But what if—"

"I will NOT fall in love with her." Damian's green eyes narrowed as he glared at Tim. "Do you really believe me to be so shallow as to fall in love with a woman at first sight? I have no desire for a romantic relationship. My mind will not be changed."

Tim hid behind the sofa, using it to shield himself from Damian's deadly glare. "Okay, I believe you!"

"Tt, good." Damian swung open the Manor's front door and stepped outside into the cold Gotham winter air. "I'll take my leave now. I wouldn't want to disappoint father and arrive late."

"Have fun!" Dick called out with an annoying grin on his face.

"Fun?" Damian muttered as he slammed the door shut behind him. "How could a tedious hassle such as this be considered fun?"

Damian entered the white Porsche electric car that had been gifted to him this year for his 23rd birthday. He fastened his seat belt, used the touch screen panel to start the engine, and pulled out of the Wayne Manor driveway. He didn't bother using the GPS. Every area of Gotham City was memorized in Damian's mind, thanks to the countless nights he had spent patrolling it under the mask of the vigilante known as Robin.

And being a vigilante was one of the most important aspects of Damian's current life.

He would not allow something as pointless as love or romance hinder his ability to protect Gotham.

Damian was aware of why his father had arranged tonight's dinner with Jagged Stone's honorary niece. Bruce Wayne was worried about his youngest son, who had never shown even the slightest interest in dating. He didn't want Damian to spend the rest of his life alone.