Where it all Began

So this is based on what Azzi said in the SLAM interview about where they met. So what I'm going to do, is, give a little background on their story in maybe 2-3 chapters and then pick it up in the present time. To understand further, watch the vid above. Enjoy!

Azzi POV

"No! My first impression of Paige was, I think it was right before they made the final cuts, and we were on the same team. We were both trying out for point guard for the U16 National Team," I begin, "And I looked at her, and I thought, This white girl got nothing on me. I don't need to worry about her. I quickly realized that I was wrong. She then came up to me during a water break".

"Heck yeah, you did!" Paige responds.

"So that's where it all began?" the interviewer asks, "At U16 Tryouts?"

"Yep," I respond. "Where it all began."

FLASHBACK TO 2017 U16 USA BASKETBALL TRYOUTS

"Hi, I'm Paige. It's nice to meet you." a girl comes up to me during a water break.

"Hi, I'm Azzi, and it's nice to meet you too!" I say.

"Oh wow, Azzi, like Jennifer Azzi!?" she remarks.

"Yeah, my mom loved her," I respond.

"That's so cool. I wish I could have been named after a basketball player too!" Paige exclaims.

"Haha, yeah, I guess it is pretty cool!" I answer.

"So, where are you from, Jennifer Azzi?" she jokes.

"I'm from Virginia. How about you?" I respond. (A/N I was born in the same city as Azzi and routinely met her parents at basketball clinics. I moved, however).

"Minnesota," she says.

"Oh, cool! My grandparents live there!" I exclaim.

"Sweet! Maybe you could visit sometime?" she asks.

"Yeah, I'd like that!" I remark.

Skip A little, to, after they both made the team.

"Hey, Jennifer Azzi! We both made it!" she jokes happily.

"I know! It's so cool! I'm so excited!" I exclaim with equal happiness.

"Wait, how old are you?" she questions.

"15, how about you?" I ask.

"16," she responds.

"Wow, I hope we become good friends this summer," I say.

"Yeah, me too," Paige responds.

Alrighty! Chapter 1 is complete! Depending on how fast the next chapter goes, we could be going right into the present time soon! I hope you guys liked this chapter! There won't be a regular update schedule because I am busy, but I should be at least once every two weeks. I will see you guys next time!

-KotLCSpySchool