Where it All Began pt.4

Hey, it's me.........um please tell me in the comments if you would prefer angst or not. Please don't yell at me......... my updates will continue to be very inconsistent. Thank you for all your reads, votes, and follows!! 

"So, Azzi, how did you tell Paige you were committing to UCONN?" The interviewer asks.

Azzi lets out a nervous chuckle while Paige is quick to say, "Yeah, tell them, this is pretty messed up, listen," to the camera.

"I had called the coaches and told them, and then we went out to dinner," Azzi recalls, chuckling at her best friend's expense. "It was my parents, me, Paige, and Colleen, who's the team manager here. 

Flashback****(fall of 2020) AZZI POV

"Paige, what do you want to order?" I ask.

"I don't know, what are you getting?" Paige responds.

"I don't know!" I retort.

"Okay, so why are we here?" she questions.

"Paige, I have something important to tell you..." I start.

She looks at me curiously but also hopeful. I wonder if she knows about my commitment. 

PAIGE POV 

Does she know I like her? Does she like me back? Will she tell me in front of all these people? I never imagined she would find out!

AZZI POV

"Paige, I-" I start.

"Yeah," she says.

"I committed to UCONN," I finish

"NO WAY!! WAIT REALLY!?!" she asks in disbelief

"Tricked ya!" I say

Paige gets up from the table, really mad, and leaves. Did she care that much? Did I really mess this up?

PAIGE POV

I walk to the bathroom and stare in the mirror. I really thought she was going to tell me she felt the same. I guess I'm upset about the commitment part, but my feelings hurt more. How long am I going to stay in here for? 

10 mins later

AZZI POV

Paige walks out of the bathroom, and my mom shows her a recording of my commitment. She stands up and hugs me. Her mouth is right by my ear, and she whispers, "Don't you ever do that again." I burst out laughing but respond with an "okay."