5 Love Is Unbreakable

Emergency meeting. The agent scattered around the rectangular table that suddenly felt too humongous for the five of them. Their website crashed. The interest in Call Me skyrocketed overnight. They even had to watch over their shoulders on the way to Call Me.

"How can they do that?" Youngni growled and roughly pulled the chair back, screeching it against the wax. A gold digger? If only they say it to her face. But that was better than what the low life people did to their office.

"Are they threatening us?" Myunghwa voice cracked. Her imagination ran wild.

"I called the police. They'll be here to make a report," Yerin said.

"I brought some drinks and pastries. At least eat something first," Seungah unwrapped the box and distributed the juice and coffee from the holder. Things have gone out of control. She couldn't say she wasn't scared. She really didn't know what to do beside handling the situation as it come. She didn't think much when Chohee declared the emergency meeting until they arrived at Call Me. It was just brutal.

Yerin's phone vibrated in her grip. "You guys eat first. Seungah come with me."

Myunghwa scooted the savory pastries closer to her. Youngni's eyes lingered around the room before settling on Chohee typing away on the laptop. She fought with the angel and devil before she mustered the courage to ask," Did you find who posted the comment?"

Chohee kept typing. "I'm connecting the line again. Myunghwa, check on Soomin then respond to emails and the online chat. Youngni you take care of voicemails and answered incoming calls until Minji and Eunjoo arrive. Apologize and assure the clients the claims made online are false. Try your best to calm and explain the situation. Don't admit anything, no compensation, keep a list of clients that request for call back. I'll process everything later."

Chohee turned the laptop toward the two agents and left the room.

Being a senior in college suck. Why did Minji and Eunjoo have so much to do even in the summer? And what in the world happened to Soomin. They couldn't reach her since last night. After she checked in from her date, she hadn't answered any calls.

Youngni and Myunghwa exchanged defeated glances. How they wished they were the one complaining and not the ones handling the complaints. The phone rang and notification popped on the screen. It was their cue to start taking care of business.

Yellow tape surrounded Call Me's entrance. Lee Donghae introduced himself as the Team Leader of Namu Crime Unit to Yerin. Baekhyun held a notepad in his hand taking Seungah's statement. The sound of the camera shutter and flashes mixed with the sound of the crowd.

"Jungkook, there are three more agents inside. Please start gathering their statement," Team Leader Lee looked past Yerin's shoulder to find Jungkook taking photos.

Jungkook headed toward the shattered glass door. Just yesterday, a stranger handed him Call Me's business card. Today, he stood at the entrance. Was she inside? He pressed his lips into a thin line thinking about how he would feel if he was to really see her again. He took one last photo of the threatened message written on the side of the cracked glass. Give me back my husband! Or Die! At the tips of the cracked glasses, blood stained and dripped to the ground. The glass shattered into various shaped. His eyes scanned the trail of glasses and landed on the security camera in the corner of the building. Beyond repair. Hope to find clues through the footage vanished. Have they offended someone? He breathed and entered the building. The front desk smashed into two. A bat thrown multiple times. Once through the computer screen and a few on the counters. The keyboard and phone cords wires were pulled and burnt. The marble crumbles traveled down the hallways to the meeting and office rooms. Knives poked and sliced through the long couch in the lobby. More threatened messages craved onto the wooden coffee table.

"Excuse me?" he called. Down the hallway, all three doors were smashed. The culprit spared none of the cubicles and office space in the room to the left. Jungkook found Chohee on the phone with a laptop in the smaller meeting room next to the one he just passed.

"Ex..."

Her fingers typed as she spoke on the phone. Something about lawyer and insurance. Maybe the other two agents could spare their time. He headed over to the last room down the left side. A wall of glass decorated the largest meeting room. She sat inside on a phone call. The other agents typed away on the laptop. When she hung up the call, he took the cue.

Knock. Knock.

Jungkook smiled, didn't intend to surprise Youngni. He bowed to Myunghwa in attempt to lessen the rage in her eyes.

He cleared his throat. "Sorry to interrupt, I'm Jeon Jungkook from Namu Crime Unit," he held up his lanyard and looked at Youngni. The lanyard she pulled yesterday. Her eyes avoided his, remembering. "We are currently investigating. I just need to ask a few questions."

Myunghwa volunteered. Talking to a detective sounded better than responding to client. How could people be so aggressive even through words? No, they were ten times crueler.

"Give me the laptop." Youngni lost her voice when Jungkook showed up.

Myunghwa declared handsome men a bonus. Detective Jeon brightened her sight. Renewed her energy. It saddened her to hand him to Youngni. If only her statement could be longer.

They switched seat. Youngni tapped her feet waiting for Jungkook to finish his notes. Myunghwa mused detecting something fishy from their awkward silence and blank eyes staring at each other. Myunghwa smiled and pretended to clear her throat. She pulled the laptop closer.

"N-name?" Jungkook asked.

"I don't have my identification." Youngni forced her eyes closed. Damn yesterday's incident.

Myunghwa's eyes widened. She read the client's text ten times and couldn't comprehend.

Jungkook chuckled. "I'm aware. Your name?"

"Oh...Oh Youngni."

"Age?"

"Twenty-one."

"Ms. Oh Youngni please be aware that anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law."

Her face flushed. That sounded serious. Anything with the law terrified her.

"Anyone you think you might have offended recently? Anyone you suspected might have done this?"

Her mind jumped to conclusion. She held the thought and debated. She had to be honest, so she answered, "You."

His pen dropped out of his grip. His eyes furrowed. Did he come off as harmful?

Youngni shifted in her chair. "I think I might have offended you...yesterday."

His eyes widened. "You're suspecting me?"

"You asked who I might have offended." Her voice was low.

Jungkook stood up from his seat. "If that is the case, someone else must take your statement. Please follow me outside."

"What?" Youngni facepalmed. Did she just create more trouble for herself? She locked eyes with Myunghwa begging for help. Myunghwa shrugged and returned a smile to Jungkook waiting by the door.