Fireworks

Arkham Asylum, Gotham City

July 7th, 14:16 EDT

~Narrator's POV~

*Dream*

I opened my eyes to find myself in darkness. Which is nothing new, I always find myself in darkness...

I waited in the darkness until the scared child appeared, but surprisingly, she didn't appear this time. I looked around the darkness, then I looked left as something came into focus.

Eight glowing figures circled around two teenage boys. Both around 16 years of age.

One with short, ravenette hair, light skin and light blue eyes. He wore a black t-shirt with a familiar 'S' Shield on the chest, blueish-grey combat pants and black boots. He looked a younger version of Superman. But how...?

The other teenage boy had ginger hair and wearing a red and black outfit and a black domino mask over his eyes. He looked like Speedy, Green Arrow's protege, but he doesn't at the same time...

The glowing figures circled the boys, whispering to them, telling them to obey 'The Light' or perish.

The boys looked at me and tried to reach out. I hesitated at first, but eventually reached after them. The glowing beings turned to me, their eyes turned scarlet red, and voices began to whisper around me.

"You think you can save them?"

"Pathetic..."

"You cannot deny the inevitable."

"Try as you might."

"You're nothing but a mutant."

"A freak."

"A monster."

*End Dream*

~<.X.> <.X.> <.X.> <.X.> <.X.>~

I snapped open my eyes with a gasp, to the sound of one of the guards tapping their baton against the bars of my cell door. I lightly shook my head, placed my hand over my right eye and looked at the source of the tapping. It was Officer Louise, one of the few guards of Arkham Asylum that treats me with some kindness.

"Wake up, Eleanor. You have a visitor today." He told me.

"Пришло время мне на прием к психотерапевту? (Is it time for my therapy appointment?)" I asked him.

Officer Louise shook his head, "Not today. He specifically asked to see you." I pointed to myself with a confused look on my face. Officer Louise nodded, "Yes, you. Let's not keep him waiting."

He walked over to the panel of the barred door of my cell, and he typed down the code of the lock. I remember the tune easily; High, low, high and high again, followed by a ka-chunk. The door was unlocked and the door opened to reveal Officer Louise standing on the doorway.

"Come along. He'll be here at any moment." He encouraged.

I picked myself up from sitting against the wall and walked toward the doorway. Officer Louise stepped aside as I walked through the doorway. Once outside of the cell, Officer Louise put a shock collar around my neck, it was a safety precaution in case I go on a homicidal rampage again. I killed a bunch of inmates and almost killed another security officer last time, so the shock collar was to keep me under control.