Eight

The games are beginning. Aria didn't get to see Luigi before she went down to the airplane. Her and Augustus walked into the airplane to be taken to the arena as the tracker was inserted into her arm. She closed her eyes, remembering the feeling all to well.

The flight was silent as they landed by the arena. Arias stomach twisted as she closed her eyes, tears filling them.

When their both inside the room, getting ready to lift Aria up into the arena, Augustus grabs her arms.

"Listen. The outfit your wearing, traps heat, it's like a wetsuit. I'm guessing the setting this year is tropical, based off the fact it can't be anything cold because the year they did that everyone froze to death before any action. I have faith in you. I have my full trust that you will protect Luigi out there."

"Remember what I told you Augustus. Tell Io to keep Luigi alive, send him everything he needs please." Aria grabbed at his jacket, starting to sob.

"I will. Good luck out there." He hugged her as she grabbed onto his shirt, trapping them together. The timer is going. "Oh! Before you go. Some rando told me to give this to you." It was a thin gold chain with a pinkish pearl in the middle of a gold star. Aria grabbed it, throwing it around her neck. Pink, stars, it all fit too well. That night in the gazebo. Only her and him knew about it. "Oh also this." Augustus laughed at himself as he pulled out another necklace. This one had pictures in it.

"Show Katniss this so she won't shoot you in the head."

"10 seconds till launch." The voice spoke.

Aria stepped into the tube. Before it closed she spoke, "if I don't make it out alive, I love you, tell everyone I love them." She said, tears stained her cheeks as she straightened her face. He nodded as she took a deep breath. The door closed as she got lifted into the arena.

Her mind raced and she almost collapsed, until the sun hit her face. It felt all too familiar. She smelled salt as her eyes inched open. The light shone against her glossy eyes as she looked around for her brother. They both spotted each other and nodded to the center of the arena. She spotted Katniss, looking very distraught. Aria watched as the clock ticked down.

"Let the 75th hunger games begin. Let the odds be ever in your favor." And the clock started to tick down from 10. Aria heard the cannon boom as she launched herself into the ice cold water. Aria is a very good swimmer, but her brother, she can't say much about him. She swam and swam, thoughts dancing around in her mind, until she bumped into the rocky wall. She climbed up into it and ran to the center, watching as her brother just got onto it, sprinting ahead of everyone else.

Aria watched as people tripped and she threw herself onto the platform, grabbing one of two axes, and a knife belt she thought could be useful as she quickly slipped it over her head as it fell to her waist. She whipped around and saw Katniss pointing an arrow between her and Finnick.

Finnick held his wrist up and Katniss seemed to stop. "Good thing we're ally's right?" He smirked.

"Where did you get that?" She asked, looking at the gold bracelet on his wrist.

"Where do you think."

Her arrow suddenly pointed in Aria's direction as she quickly reached into her wetsuit, pulling out the pictured necklace. Katniss shook her head confusingly as she aimed her now back at Finnick.

His eyes grazed above her. "Duck." She threw herself onto the ground as Finnick launched his spear into the air, hitting the man behind Katniss.

Finnick and Aria breathed heavily as Katniss stood up, hearing the cannon boom.