Nine

Soon everyone's asleep, and it's Aria's turn to watch. She stares into the forest, her stomach turning as she scratched her head. It's always made her nervous, just being there, sitting in silence.

A twig behind her snaps and Aria flips around behind her, axe ready.

"Whow whow there little lady." Finnick holds his hands up as he sits next to her. She lets out a breath as she sets her axe down by her feet.

"Sorry." Aria wipes the sweat from her forehead.

After a couple moments of silence, he spoke up. "I'm sorry." Finnick motioned to her with his hand, rubbing his trident with his fingers, making her slowly look up at him.

"For what?" Aria knew what he was talking about, but just wanted to make sure.

Aria looked at him, his face relaxed as he let the moist air latch onto his pretty skin.

"For leaving you in that limo."

"Why?" She stressed.

"Hm?" Finnick glanced up at her.

"Why did you do it?"

He tapped his foot as he rubbed his trident a little harder. "Well he clearly told you I signed that stupid contract too, so I knew if that was the last time I ever got to see you, I just couldn't handle it. I didn't want to do something stupid. I know what he would do if he knew we talked. I couldn't put you in danger." He looked into the sky. Aria knew by he, Finnick meant Snow. But obviously he couldn't say it, as their conversation was being aired all around Panem at that very moment.

Aria reached into her wetsuit and pulled out the pearl necklace that sat nicely on her neck. His eyes dropped down to the necklace and smiled.

"Wh-" then there were booms. Not cannon booms. But many booms in a row. Everyone awoke. It sounded like a dong.

"I counted 12" Katniss looks around.

"Midnight?" Finnick looks behind him.

"Or the number of districts." Katniss looks at Aria.

"It has to be midnight, why would they list the number of districts." Luigi goes to stand with Katniss until they hear a gradual surge, they look in front of them as they see a lightning strike.

It strikes the large tree Katniss was up just a while ago.

"Well if your not gonna sleep, I will." Finnick looked over at Aria and climbs over to where he'll sleep.

"I want watch." Katniss sits by a rock.

"Fine. I need sleep anyways." Aria stands and goes by Luigi.

She soon finds herself staying awake the whole night. Aria gets up and goes by Katniss, who's sound asleep on the rock.

"Pathetic." Aria rolls her eyes and sits by the area. Soon Katniss startles awake and looks around.

"Oh, your awake." Katniss rubs her forehead.

"Yea I am, while you, sleeping beauty, fell asleep on the job." Aria looks around. Her eyes narrow as she sees some type of mist rolling in.

"What's that?" She looks at it. It gets closer as Aria backs up. Katniss reaches her hand out and lets it touch her finger tip. She screams and rolls onto the floor, waking everyone up.

"RUN RUN THE FOGS POISON." She screams even more.

"MOVE EVERYBODY MOVE!" Aria screams helping Mags up, getting her ready to jump onto Finnicks back.

They all get running from the fog as it creeps in faster towards them.

"LUI RUN DONT STOP YOU CANT STOP." Aria screams as Lui almost slips. The fog seems to be closing around them as Katniss falls, Peeta helping her up as they get burned.