Chapter 1

Author's Note: Hello all! This is chapter 1 of a Wings of Fire fanfiction I am writing about an OC of mine. This is my first fanfiction so I am most definitely open to constructive criticism if any trouble should arise. I hate it when other people use bad grammar, but hate it even more when I am being a total hypocrite and use it myself:)

    Anywho, I have a VERY serious rule that must be addressed, or else. I do NOT permit any kind of trash talking or anything of the sort in my writing. This rule must be followed in the comments as well. I will give one trash talk warning, and then if it comes to a second time then I will stop updating and delete this story. Do NOT test my patience, I will do it, I have had to do it before. If you have any decency in the world, you will respect my boundaries and speak by them. If not, then this story goes down the drain. And yes, I do keep track of all of the comments. Every. Single. One.

    On a lighter note, I hope you like this story, and if you don't, no hate please. Like I said before, constructive criticism is welcome.

    I would also like to mention that this story does not directly contain any canon characters. Other than Queen Glory and Deathbbringer(because Glorybringer rocks) they will be mentioned as backstory and there may be one or two instances when you see them in the book, but otherwise they will be "nOnExIsTaNt". And yes, I do realize I spelled that wrong.

    Now, to conclude the World's Longest Author's Note, have fun reading, and feel free to delve into the land of make-believe characters and fantasy where extraordinary events take place and revolutions prosper!

*You guys* ...Wut

*Me* I get it, I use weird metaphors. Deal with it, here's a whole book full of 'em.

    She closed her eyes and breathed in, long and deep. She loved it here. She wished she could stay forever. She savored the moment as long as she could, opening her eyes once more to the lush greenery and tall pines. Trotting over to the lovely smell of the honeysuckle bushes that grew near the line of trees surrounding the crystal-clear pond, she carefully severed a branch off of the ruffled pink peonies from the rest of the plant.The Rainforest Kingdom surely was beautiful.

     She quickly turned, her ears pricking up as she heard a faraway sound. She concentrated a bit before recognizing her mother's voice calling over the rustling leaves of the great maples and oaks that surrounded her. She walked out of her enclosure, quietly locking the gate. She fluttered her magnificent wings and took off, taking one more long look at her favorite place in the world before turning and soundlessly soaring to where her home lay, deep in the heart of the forest.

     She clutched her honeysuckle branch as she flew, trying not to disturb its health by crushing the stem. A slow smile spread across her face, her eyes crinkling when she thought of how beautiful the puffy rose colored flowers would look in a special pale yellow vase. A tingle swept through her dark red and gold striped scales, the sun warming her to the core. She soaked it up as she flew, barely remembering to keep her eyes open so she wouldn't crash while flying.

     "Python! Where are you?" Her mother's voice jolting her back into reality, she sped up, her deep blue eyes catching the sun as she flinched away from the bright light shining in them.

     Her hut suddenly came into view, its weathered boards still standing strong, despite their mangy looks. She studied her surroundings, noticing a trail of smoke coming from the fire pit outside of the home. She panicked, remembering the last time her mother had started a fire near the trees. The trees that were dangling overhead had caught on fire, leaving the once beautiful trees charred and blackened. She relaxed when she noticed the ring of maples and pines intact and not in the least bit burnt as she slipped inside the worn-down door.