Chapter 2

Author's Note: Okay, so, cliffhanger alert! I'm sure I had you all on the edge of your seats for that last chapter-alright, fine, not really, I only have two reads(myself and a personal friend)- but if you are reading this in the future and I have tons of reads, then congratulations. Firstly to me, for making it beyond Chapter 2 of a story, secondly to you, for being awesome and helping me out. Actually, scratch that. Congratulations to you no matter how many reads I have for reading this! Anyways, I'm sure all of nobody*-_-* would love to know who this mysterious yet trustworthy dragonet is.

     Python let out a low whistle, making four short, quick notes and then two, signaling her greeting. The deep-blue streaked golden dragonet repeated the call, soaring down to just behind Python. The dragonet crept up behind her while Python was still scanning the trees looking for him. He lunged forward and launched Python into the water, making a gigantic splash. Python resurfaced, coughing and sputtering, a playful frown on her face. She ducked back under, swam up to where the dragonet was sitting with a very smug look on his face and splashed as hard as she possibly could. Now it was his turn to look bewildered.

     "Python!" His deep voice shifting up four hundred octaves to make a very shrill whine. He shoved a large wave of water down to where Python was standing.

     "Because of your great misdoings, our kingdoms will go to war! Attack!" Python snarled playfully, dropping into a crouch, spreading her deep ruby-red wings. "Surrender while you still have the chance, Typhoon!"

    "NEVER!" Typhoon bellowed, ice flecks bursting out of his mouth as he built up an array of freezing death-breath in his throat. Python stayed low to the ground, building up the hottest fire that she could in her own mouth while swinging her barbed tail dangerously.

    Typhoon leapt in an effort to tackle Python over, but Python sidestepped his bomb-dive and pounced on top of him herself. Typhoon kicked her off, using a method that Python had never seen before.

    "Whoa, cool! How did you do that?" She questioned, suddenly sitting up and looking very attentive. Typhoon used the opportunity to shove Python again, except this time she landed in a solitary pile of mud near the pond.

    She again came up sputtering, this time with a frown on her face. "Typhoon! This is a learning experience for me! Why is it so difficult for you to understand that some innocent dragonets aren't always trying to attack you?!"

    "Sorry," Typhoon mumbled sheepishly. His cool and collected demeanor returned a moment later, however, when he shot back with a smirk on his smug face, "But it isn't my fault that some dragonets don't know how to restrain themselves from randomly attacking other dragonets!"

    "Don't point at me! If I recall correctly, you were the one to push me. But, we have something else to do, RIGHT?"

    "Right," Typhoon confirmed, marching over to a small hole in the shrubbery near the pine trees.

    Python followed him through the gap, gasping as she noticed the changes that Typhoon had added to the secret-hideout-within-the-locked-enclosure, as Typhoon had been temporarily dubbed it.

    Author's Note: Sorry that this one was kinda short, but I will probably get another chapter out soon. Tell me what you think, should I continue with the story?

    Have a wonderful couple of days until I publish something again!