⬻Chapter VIII: Late Night⤖

┍━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┑

"Secretary Park?"

Your eyes widened. You were confused with the new title.
"E-excuse me?"
Hajoon looked up from his papers. His enigmatic eyes made it hard for you to look away.
"You told me the other day that you knew how things ran in the company. Move your stuff in my office tomorrow."
"Ah yes, but I'm still learning, Mr. Wi Ha Joon-shi," you managed to say despite your nervousness.
You thought to yourself, you had no qualification to become his secretary.
Hajoon stood up from his seat, standing over you.
Your heart began beating faster each second that passed.
Hajoon leaned in, making you look away from this gaze.
"W-what are y-you doing, M-Mr. Wi Ha Joon-shi?" you asked, barely making out the words to him.
"What do you think?"
You turned to look at him, only a few inches away from each other.
Your breathing became uneven, as you felt his eyes sucking you in.
Hajoon looked at your sparkling eyes, then he leaned in a little closer.
•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
Your head dropped, waking you up and dropping all the papers in your hand on the floor.
"Omo!" You exclaimed. You bent down and began picking the copies on the floor.
You stopped when you remembered your dream.
"Wait, why did I dream of that?"
You froze, thinking about the dream.
"Aish, I'm thinking too much about him." You gently hit the temple of your head, feeling embarrassed.
You noticed a presence staring at you through the window, making you look up.
To your surprise, it was him, the person you dreamt about a few minutes ago.
You quickly stood up and bowed behind the door, hoping that he would walk away. Thankfully, he read your mind and walked away.
You released a heavy sigh and pressed on some buttons on the printer.
"Aish, why is today such a bad day? Where's Haein?' You whispered to yourself, forcefully pressing on some button. You knew you were distracted by the dream. Not only that, he just walked past you a few seconds ago.
"What am I doing?" You asked yourself, after realizing you were thinking too deep about him.
You stopped pressing the button and bent down to pick up the remaining papers.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

The moment you walked out of the copier room, Ms. Kim stood there, waiting for you.
"Ms. Kim."
She gave you a blank face.
"-------, in a few minutes, there will be a delivery man. Make sure you deliver the coffee to the research and the design department."
You bowed to her, acknowledging her request.
Ms. Kim scanned you up and down before taking her leave.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
You stood behind the front desk and waited.
What happened to Haein? Why isn't she here today?
You thought.
"Twenty cups of coffee: 5 Iced Americanos, 6 Americanos, 5 Latte, and 3 Cappuccinos?" The delivery man repeated the order.
"Thank you," you smiled at him.

"Have a good day, " he said before leaving.Omo, how am I going to carry all of these?
You thought.

After delivering all of the coffee to the designated department, you took the elevator back down. You stood behind the front desk, waiting for a phone call or something. Days where Haein didn't come in were the longest.
Hmm, what happened to Wi Ha Joon? Is he still here? Why did I dream of him earlier?
All the thoughts ran through your mind. You weren't sure who he was, nor did anyone in the building.
By the time you knew, it was lunch time.

You grabbed your lunch box, just as Ms. Kim stopped you.
"------shi, make sure you come back on time. I have more work for you after lunch." Ms. Kim said.
"Yes, Ms. Kim," you said before taking your leave.
•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
One of the best places to have lunch was the back of the building. There was a small trail that led to beautiful view of a lake. You walked outside and picked a picnic bench. You took out your lunch and ate silently, looking at the open green field and the calming water while you enjoyed your lunch.
A lot was on your mind.
How am I ever going to find my bag? My shoes? Aishhh! I need to go to the administration office. I need to go to the bank and cancel my cards.
You felt frustrated and tired, having to worry about your things.
I need the pay rent this week too.
You took an onigiri from your bento box, unwrapping it, before taking a big bite over the frustration of your missing belongings.
You looked back at the view, only to see Hajoon standing a few feet away from you, holding a card of some sort.
The piece of onigiri you had in your mouth fell out of your mouth, landing on the table.
It took you a few minutes to realize what was going on.