⬻Chapter XXIII: Warning⤖

┍━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┑
"Hajoon."
You whispered his name.

You quickly walked towards Hajoon.
You bowed, then you signaled with your eyes, praying that he'd understand your desperation for help.
Hajoon was confused with the way you looked at him. He gave Soohyuk a quick glance, and then he looked back at you.
"You called me?" You whispered to Hajoon.
Before Hajoon could even answer your question, you stopped him from replying.
"Yes, Mr. Hajoon-shi, I can show you the way," you said loudly, hoping that Soohyuk would hear it too.
Hajoon stood there, puzzled with your odd behavior.
You walked around Hajoon, leading him to wherever your foot took you.
"-------!" Soohyuk called again, the moment he saw you walk away with Hajoon.

You twirled around and faced Hajoon, begging him again with your eyes, hiding from Soohyuk by standing directly in front of Hajoon.
"Mr. Hajoon-shi, can you help me this one time? Please?" You begged, whispering to him.
So...they're not together.
Hajoon confirmed.
He thought for a while.
Hajoon turned around and faced Soohyuk.
"Soohyuk, she's busy. Excuse us," Hajoon said.
Soohyuk stood there, speechless.

"Wait," Soohyuk said, making you two turned back to look at him.
"-------, can we talk later?" He asked, looking at you.
"Ah....yes," you gave him a soft smile, hoping that would assure him.
Soohyuk smiled back and then headed back to the elevators.
•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
You sighed in relief as you saw Soohyuk get on the elevator.
"What was that?" He asked.
You looked at Hajoon.
"Mr. Hajoon-shi, I'm so sorry! I really had no choice," you frowned.
This would be Hajoon's turn to figure out your relationship with Soohyuk.
"I thought you two were good friends?" Hajoon questioned.
"We...were," you replied, thinking about his mother's words.
"What happened?"
You had remembered what Mrs. Lee was talking about that night.
Wait, should I tell Hajoon?

"....nothing happened."
"Actually, Mr. Hajoon-shi, did you need something from me? I know I was playing earlier, but you must have called me because you needed something, right?" You asked him, averting the attention from you.
"I need 20 copies of these files. Don't staple them, just clip them," Hajoon said, handing you the folder.
"Got it!" you smiled.
Hajoon walked away first.
"Mr. Hajoon-shi," you called him.
Hajoon turned around once more.
"Thank you, again," you smiled.
He just looked at you, and then he turned around and continued walking away from you.
•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
You stood in the printing room, making those copies Hajoon requested.
Maybe I should tell Hajoon about Mrs. Lee. Maybe I shouldn't. Would he care? Does he care?
You thought as you looked at the papers shoot out from the printing machine.
Maybe it's nothing.
You collected the papers and clipped them as Hajoon requested. You peeked your head out and looked before leaving the room.
Is Soohyuk still here?
You questioned.
You took a deep breath and headed out, holding the warm papers in your hand.
You quickly walked into the elevator, repeatedly pressing the twelfth floor.
•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
The moment you walked out of the elevator, you sped-walk into his office without knocking.
"Mr. Hajoon-shi?" You called him.
You looked around his office and saw that the room was empty.
Maybe I can find something from his office.
You felt excited. You were only getting closer to what you were looking for.
With the files still in your hand, you began looking around.
His office was very minimal and gray-toned, as you remembered. You walked towards his desk and saw a frame.
Should I look at the picture?
You thought.
I mean...I'm already here, so...
You walked behind his desk and leaned towards the picture.
She's pretty.
You thought.
Who are you?
•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
The door opened, startling you.
You straightened yourself and looked at the door.
"What are you doing?"
Hajoon asked, standing by the door.
"M-me?" You questioned. Your legs shook from behind the desk.
Hajoon closed the door and took a step closer.
"Why are you behind my desk?" he asked again.
Come up with something, --------!
You told yourself.
"I...I...um..."
Think!!
"I was wondering where you wanted me to put these files," you lied, raising the papers you had in your hand.
"Just set it there," he said, walking towards his desk.
You placed the files on his desk as he walked behind his desk, where you stood.
"Clipped?" he asked.
"Y-yes, as you requested," you answered him.
"You can leave," he said.
You bowed and proceeded to leave.
Hajoon looked at the files you placed on his desk, and then he looked at the picture you looked at.
•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
Just as you opened the door, you saw the elevator doors from across open, revealing Soohyuk getting off.
You were going to do it again. You truly felt bad for putting him those situations, but you had to save yourself first.
You slammed shut the door, startling Hajoon.
"What are you doing?" He asked.
"Mr. Hajoon-shi, I can't go out," you told him.
"What do you mean?"
"Can I just hide behind your desk for a second?" you asked him, as you clasped your hands together.
"No, get out," he said, reading over the files.
"Mr. Hajoon-shi! Please!" you begged harder.
Hajoon still didn't say anything.
Just as you heard the door handle clicked, you quickly got down and crawled into the space under his desk.
Hajoon's eyes widened from your strange behavior, a behavior he's never seen before.
"Y-you!" Hajoon stuttered, as he half raised his voice; the first he's ever done.
You clasped your hand together again, giving him the puppy eyes this time.