7 - Truths Have Been Learned

A/n: For those who have seen updates for this, yes I know, it's shocking that I'm releasing a new chapter for this story of all of them in such a short amount of time! But there are two main reasons for this, which I will now explain.

1. I really wanted to wrap this whole situation up with Y/n in the past, and explain how he got there and all that crap.

2. Mainly with what lapis269 said during the last chapter, I wanted to make some sense of some of the BS situations that were created.

A/n: Now, with that out of the way, time for the next chapter!

No one's POV

Trapmaster20(Narrating): After the activation of the system, let's just say that the following video described how shit went down after Y/n's announcement.

Trapmaster20(Narrating): The video literally speaks for itself, as each country's infrastructure has collapsed, mass-starvation occurs, and conflicts flare up over the limited food. The food scarcity was reduced to an all-time low, and the crazy amounts of monsters that appear are hunted for their meat.

Trapmaster20(Narrating): After many years, the fights over resources transformed into a conflict between the many unevolved humans and the few humans who had used MA Energy to enhance themselves. The enhanced humans were forced out by the unevolved humans to the north of the Kasanagara continent, and were given the name, Demon.

The scene then changes, and we see Y/n in one of the beds in Sariel's Orphanage, having a nightmare that he's been having for years now. He then screams one thing, as he reaches out for something.

Y/n: SARIEL!

As Y/n starts panting, exhausted by the unending nightmare that he's had for years on end now, he hears another voice from the bed beside him.

Ariel: You still having that nightmare, Y/n?

Y/n turns to see Ariel, laying in the other bed.

Y/n: *sigh* Yeah. What food do you want?

Ariel: Just get me anything.

Y/n: You got it, Ariel.

Y/n then goes into the kitchen area to get her some food.

Trapmaster20(Narrating): After the system was initiated, Kura became the first person to obtain what was known as the Hero, while Natalie became the first Saint. And as for Gob, well, because of his short life span, he fought in order to protect Ariel and the others, but one day when he left, he never came back.

Y/n then comes back into their little room, handing Ariel the food.

Y/n: So, you feeling any better than before?

Ariel: No, not really...

Y/n: Don't worry. I'll find a way for you to be able to move again. I promise you. After all, I may have never physically said it, but I promised to take care of you and the other kids here.

Ariel: *faint smile* Thank you... so much Y/n...

Y/n: No problem... After all... you did see Sariel as a mother to you. It's only natural I take care of you in her place... Now that she's gone...

Ariel: Y/n... Once I do get better... I want to help you.

Y/n: What?

Ariel: Yeah... I'll do everything to free Sariel from her shackles, even if she herself doesn't want to be saved, or even if more than half of humanity has to be sacrificed to achieve it.