Chapter 4

Miran Kaid stood in front of his team for this operation. Briefing them on their objective. A smaller man stood up as his name was called. Danthan Venstra. A young scientist.

They'd been hired to get the young man in and out. Help him get what he needs. Only then would they get paid. But, the Hassle would be worth it for what they were promising to pay them.

Miran dismissed the group to get ready, sighing as the group dispersed. One week and they would take action. The item they were hired to get wouldn't be reachable until then.

Bakuru was a wet, humid planet, but it did well for what it was intended for. Hiding important stuff, and people who didn't want to be found.

He'd been in charge of this group of rag-tag smugglers for a while now, they'd never let him down. Even their newest recruit did well. Sometimes she did better than the adults who taught her.

A girl with sandy brown hair, blue eyes, and a smirk on her face walked into the room as the other men left it. They gave her fond looks as she passed. One ruffled her hair. The eight-year-old just smiled fondly, as her smile became strained. She walked over next to him. Sitting down. The blaster on her side bounced a bit as she sat down in the chair that seemed so big compared to her small form.

"Malia, I told you already. I want you to stay here for this one." Though she was good at what they trained her for, he'd grown to love her. Finding her had been a pure stroke of luck. The small runaway had only been four when they found her in one of the alleys. She was cold, sick, and hadn't eaten in a long time. But she was young.

Miran had seen her potential if the determination in her eyes was anything to go by. He'd done well. She wouldn't tell them where she'd come from, just that she wanted to stay with them. And she'd proved her worth time and time again. Everyone had grown accustomed to her, they enjoyed the comfort her presence gave. But none of them mistook that for being vulnerable. That girl had more fight in her than most of them combined.

She just sat next to him. Not saying anything for a minute, he enjoyed her presence but knew she was there for something, it didn't surprise him that she broke the silence.

"Is me going what you're worried about, or is there something you're not telling us? I don't care if you tell me, I'm eight, I probably shouldn't know half the things I do. But if it's going to make you reckless then I don't think you should go." He rubbed his hand down his face as a smirk tugged at his lips. This small child always seemed to drag answers out of him. But most of the time it was his fault. He enjoyed talking to her. She listened well, and somehow always knew what to say to him. Sometimes she told him to get off his butt and do something, and sometimes she comforted him. She was the reason his crew didn't hate each other as much as they probably should've. What she had given them was invaluable.

"I won't be reckless, I just don't know how good the chances are that we'll get out without casualties. I don't want to risk you." He pulled her into a side hug. The idea of something happening to her made his chest ache, and his muscles tense. He'd easily kill anyone that so much as laid a finger on her.

She let out a sigh. She'd noticed more and more often how this man treated her like his daughter infinitely more than her own father had. At least he'd care if she ran away. As far as she knew her parents were just glad they didn't have to take care of her anymore.

"I'll stay... but you better bring me back something cool. I need a new tool kit if you don't get any ideas." He smiled at the smaller girl.

"I'll see what I can do."

Author's Note - 

What did you guys think of your first view of Malia? Please comment and let me know what you think! Things are gonna get good and interesting really soon, I promise. 

Also, I'm betting you're noticing that Stiles hasn't been mentioned yet. This isn't an OC story, I promise. You've just gotta be patient until Part 2. Part 1 should be over around chapter 11. Which I am currently working on now. 

Everything will make sense, I promise. If not, please DM me so I can fix it. Lol

Please Vote, Comment, and Follow! It means so much to me! 

Thank you, guys!