Chapter 5

They'd been on the planet for three days now, sometimes Chewy stayed with him, and sometimes his Dad did. Yesterday they paid a caretaking bot to babysit him. Said babysit bot was outside his door right now. His Dad had given him his own room on the Falcon a long time ago. Whenever Anakin had a hard time being around his siblings he'd go sleep on the Falcon. For some reason, he always felt safe on it.

Anakin closed his eyes to the hum of the engine, but what he saw... Made him wish he never went to sleep.

He was running towards his Mom's throne room, or at least, that's what he'd always called it. He was a lot taller, that was one of the first things he noticed. The floor was much farther away than it had been when he was awake. His home seemed smaller to him. Like he hadn't been there for a long time.

He caught his reflection in the mirror. He looked older, almost like an adult. His eyes were dark as he picked up the pace.

He heard thunder, lightning flashed from outside the windows as rain poured. He was running, he saw his Mom. She looked panicked, and his Dad looked worried, stoic as ever, but even he was scared. He recognized his brother, even though he was older. Everyone was yelling things. Their words didn't reach his ears.

Anakin saw flashes of people he knew and people he didn't. Then he saw the tip of a lightsaber going through his Mom's back. Her hair was in disarray. She let out a strangled gasp. Her attacker had pulled his hood up. He didn't see who it was.

He pulled the saber out with the skill of a master, then he turned around, and ran. Anakin ran forward, his brother caught his Mom. While he chased him. Shooting his blaster even though tears blurred his vision.

"Stop!-"

The world faded around him as he cried out. Sitting up. His arms wrapped around his body as tears leaked down his face. Hiccuping sobs wracked his body. His mind trying to process what he'd seen.

Their screams blared in his ears as if it was stuck on repeat.

His Mom- she-

He covered his mouth as the tears flowed over his hand, dripping onto the blankets and clothes he wore.

He'd just had a vision... he'd had small ones in the past. But nothing like that... when he told his parents, they'd told his uncle. And his uncle told him about how his powers were growing faster than he anticipated. That scared him.

His powers had always scared him. He hated how they already controlled the path his life was taking. Truth be told, he always enjoyed his father's stories. Much more than he'd enjoyed his uncles. His Dad always told him about the ironic ways he got back at people who did wrong by him.

A plan started forming in Anakin's mind before he knew what was happening. If he wasn't there... his Mom wouldn't die. That was the only factor of the vision he knew he could change...

The New Republic needed his Mom. His family needed her. They could do without him if it meant she lived to lead the New Government to destroy the remnants of the empire. As well as those who threatened the peace that had only begun not as long ago as people would've hoped.

Anakin pulled a plan together in his head. His Dad had survived as a smuggler, he could too. The hardest part though would certainly be hiding from his parents. If they forced him back then he couldn't stop what had happened. He had to find a place they would never look. Somewhere far enough that his uncle couldn't feel his presence.

Anakin got out of bed. First, he had to convince his Dad to let him out. Nanny bot wouldn't let him leave without his Dad's permission. They tended to go a long way toward fulfilling their programming.

Anakin opened the door. He had everything he knew he'd need for a while in his backpack. He just wanted to grab something else first. The Droid's form was in front of him instantly.

"Hey, relax. I'm not leaving. I'm just stretching." Anakin said. Pushing away its arm.

But it was persistent and didn't stop until it touched his cheek. He realized it must have been red still. Of all the droids these annoyed him the most. Coincidentally it's also the ones he was stuck with the most. Or maybe that was his Mom's doing.

The droid was so focused on him that when Anakin slipped into a room and shut the door behind him. It didn't expect it. Anakin moved quickly. And grabbed the only thing besides what was in his bag that he wanted to take with him.

His father's blaster. Well... one of them. He let out a sigh of relief as he slipped it into his bag. The droid got the door open as he pulled on his strap. Anakin stood in the doorway like he hadn't just been playing with a blaster. An innocent look on his face.

"This ship, old doors. Am I right?" He said, slipping past the droid and going back to his room, his feet at a quicker pace than normal. He hit the button that shut the door and closed his eyes. He relaxed back on his bed. His Dad would come back for a lunch break. He had to convince him then.

But for now, he didn't know the next time he'd be on a bed. So he was going to enjoy the comfort it brought, as long as he could.

Author's Note - 

Warning, next few chapters are a bit depressing. But I hope you guys enjoy this, all of part one is, well, parts one and two are both a lot of setup, with some fun plot thrown in. It gets sadder before it starts uplifting again.

What did you guys think of the vision?

Please comment on what you think! All comment help!

I can update one more thing this weekend, at least. Please let me know what you guys want!

Vote, Comment, and Follow!