Eclipse's Bane

"In the next week, there is going to be a War Merits Conferment Ceremony. I invite all of you to it," he says to all of us.

"War Merits Conferment Ceremony?" Asta says.

"What is that?" he asked.

"The War Merits Conferment Ceremony is an annual event where Magic Knights who have produced multiple excellent results are promoted in the Clover Kingdom's Royal Capital," Klaus explains as he adjusts his glasses.

"Oh! Thank you so much, Wizard King," Asta says, growing excited.

"Hahaha. No problem, you all deserve it," he says, laughing.

"Then, you all are now dismissed," he says as he disappears.

"Amazing! So fast," Asta says in surprise.

That was really amazing.

"Well then, we should all leave and meet each other at the War Merits Conferment Ceremony," I suggest to everyone.

"You're right, Zon," Asta agrees.

"Let's depart," I say to everyone.

"Bye," everyone says to each other and proceeds to leave.

I also leave with Yuno.

"What are you going to do now?" I ask him.

"Nothing, just gonna rest and practice," he says to me.

"Hmm, then take care," I say to him.

"Where are you going?" he asks me.

"I'm going training," I say to him.

"Training?" he says, confused.

"Why so suddenly?" he asks me.

"To test something," I say to him as I leave.

I start heading towards the outskirts of the capital.

After some time of walking, I find a place that looks like a forgotten corner left to nature, with tall grasses, overgrown weeds, and crumbling stone walls. The ground is uneven and covered in debris, making it an unlikely spot for any gathering or activity. It gives off a sense of mystery and isolation, with silence only broken by the sound of the wind.

"This is the perfect spot," I say to myself, wanting to do this in an abandoned place.

"It's time to see what you can do," I say as I unsheathe the sword from its scabbard.

Examining the sword up close, I notice its sleek and menacing design. The black metal of the blade seems to absorb light, giving it an otherworldly appearance. The handle is wrapped in black leather, providing a secure grip and making it easy for me to carry. The intricate engravings along the length of the blade add an elegant touch to the weapon.

I take the sword and imbue it with cursed energy.

"What!?" I exclaim out loud as I notice the cursed energy smoothly moving and enhancing the sword.

"This is definitely a cursed weapon. But what was it doing in a dungeon?" I say to myself.

"This sword is amazing," I remark to myself, seeing an aura of purple color around the sword.

"Now, to test its strength," I say as I prepare to slash the sword towards a large boulder on the side of the wall.

I raise my sword and prepare to slash.

Swish!

A purple vertical slash cuts through the air towards the boulder, creating a huge sound and causing a blast.