Mission

"A few days have passed since the attack of the Eye of the Midnight Sun. The capital has almost been restored from the damages caused; only a few places have minor damages. These past days have also been quite tense. Some guards responsible for maintaining the barrier have disappeared suddenly. The captives, as in the anime, were investigated by Marx, but he wasn't able to get any information. The same was the case when Asta was brought in.

The good thing is that I am not under their suspicion, so I wasn't interrogated. I have known this from the beginning due to the personality of the Wizard King, but I was still a little tense. In the following days, I helped restore the damages, rested a little, and sometimes trained with Yuno.

I haven't started my experiments on my hypothesis of the half-form of Sukuna, as I was very busy these days. I have also discovered a very special property of the sword. It has the ability to change into another form.

It was when I was thinking about how I wanted a good spear, as I have information about Spear mastery due to Sukuna's memories. It was then I noticed that my blade changed its shape. It became liquid, and after a moment, there was a spear. It was long, crimson red with black stripes, adorned with a fierce skull on the bottom with fiery green eyes. It was very sharp and had a different ability than the sword. It could adapt to the attacks it receives, weakening any upcoming attack and also releasing it when attacking others.

I tried to make other weapons as well, but wasn't successful. I didn't know the reason why, but left it at that.

Yuno also became stronger while sparring with me and is now able to harness some of the power of Sylph. I didn't know much about Asta as I only met him a few times while walking around restoring the damages.

"Should I test the hypothesis of the half-form now that I am free?" I murmured to myself.

*Knock*

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door.

"Come in."

The door opened, revealing Yuno, who entered the room with a plain face and said, "Zon, there's a new mission for both of us."

A new mission? Oh, it should be something that happened in the anime but was not shown.

"What is it? Do we have to fight any goons?" I said jokingly.

"Langris said that there has been a rise in mana spikes in the Forest of Poisonous Magical Beasts in the Forsaken Realm. We have been tasked to investigate the reason and, if possible, solve it as it is harming the normal eco-system nearby. It also increases the risk of beasts running from the forest to the outside, attacking the villages in the outskirts," Yuno explained with small pauses in between.

"Why only the two of us? Why aren't Klaus and Mimosa included?"

"Although it's troublesome to manage everything with only two of us, we have to do it as they are currently restoring the damages in the capital and healing the citizens that still need care," he sighed as he sat down on the chair relaxingly.

"When are we leaving? It isn't right now, right?" I asked in an annoying tone, as Yuno always comes during the departure of missions.

"Don't worry, it isn't right now."

"Oh, then it's okay—"

"But in the next 30 minutes," he interrupted with a plain face.

"You!" I furiously said as I rose from the bed.

"Bye."

Yuno got up and left the room swiftly.

"This guy always tells things at the last moment!" I laid down again on the bed, releasing my frustration. I then took care of my things and left the room after around 25 minutes.

"No matter how many times I see it, the Dorms are very luxurious and beautiful," I murmured on my way, marveling at the beauty. The corridor had golden walls with several paintings, a red carpet on the ground, and several chandeliers on the top. The Dorms and Corridors blended seamlessly, creating a stunning vision.

I arrived outside the Headquarters, where I spotted Langris and Yuno chatting with each other.

"Yo Zon! Yuno should have already told you about the details of the mission, right?" Langris asked as I joined them.

"Yeah, he told me just around half an hour ago," I said and then stared at his plain face.

"Hahaha, Yuno has a habit of forgetting things. No problem since you got the information about the mission." Langris laughed as he said and gave a thump on the back to Yuno.

"Well then, I should give you the map of the Forest of Poisonous Magical Beasts and where specifically the spike has been observed by our researchers." Langris then handed us the map.

The map had several villages in the outskirts with many trees in the middle and a cross in the top right part.

"This is exactly where the spike has been observed. The estimation of our researchers is that it's either an ancient treasure that has come to light or an ancient plant with unknown attributes, or a magical beast." Langris became serious as he said the last part.

"The magical beast that can give such a mana spike might be a problem, but it shouldn't be too much for both of you. Until other magical beasts also attack at the same time, you should be safe. So be aware and try to engage in a place that is desolate. Some more things to note are that, as the name suggests, the area has many extremely poisonous plants and beasts. So, I am going to give you a potent neutralizer that can help you during critical cases. Use it wisely, as it's only one, and don't forget that you can always disengage and run away if the magical beast is too strong." Langris explained in detail as he passed us a glass tubule with a colorless fluid.

"This is all the details." Langris then left the area after a small talk.

"Yuno—"

Before I could say more, Yuno suddenly created a hurricane beneath our feet and moved towards our location as we flew above the capital.

"Nice, but speed things up a little bit."

Yuno then increased the speed as we moved towards our desired location, not knowing what we would face.

Reincarnated As Sukuna In Black CloverOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara