Perfect Lie

"Finally, it's over... At least for now," I said, looking at the sky with my eyes glowing.

“Finally, I found it! Something that I like to do! It's... it's Battle!” I muttered in a shaking tone as my eyes glowed brightly. I was shaking a little bit as I finally found something I liked.

In my previous life, I was just a normal guy who was anti-social. I didn't like anything. Only anime and novels gave me some entertainment. I tried everything to find something that I liked, but I failed. Every day, I would try to find something entertaining, but I couldn't.
Until one day, I was crushed to death by a car and was given an opportunity to reincarnate in an anime world. I thought to myself that I would do everything I can to find something that I truly like in this world, and now I have found it.

“What is this feeling that I am experiencing right now?” I feel an unexplainable feeling as if a part of me has finally been filled. “Pattoli, you have my gratitude. You finally helped me find something that I truly like!”

A sense of happiness enveloped me as my body started shaking heavily. “Get hold of yourself, Zon.” I started to calm myself, but my body still shook a little bit.

*Fuuuuuuu*

I took a deep breath and calmed myself. I then took a glance at Fugoleon to find that his necklace is missing.

“........He took his necklace after all. Was it when he cut his arm?” That seems to be the most plausible explanation. He must have taken the chance to take the pendant after cutting his arm.

Thinking about the battle, I muttered, “Now, I think I might be able to create a half form.” I got inspiration when I transformed into Sukuna. When I transform, firstly I gain his cursed energy, then information on his techniques with his personality, and then his body.

“What if I forcefully stopped the transformation when I got this technique?”
I thought to myself. This might create a half form in which I would be able to use Sukuna's techniques without taking on his appearance. But it has a certain risk. What if it backlashes and I suffer a heavy injury? I am not too sure, but it wouldn't hurt to give it a try after all of this mess has been sorted.

I then start to think about my current situation. I am sure to get interrogated as I was also transported along with Fugoleon. If I lie, I might be caught immediately by them, and if I tell them about all that happened and not tell them about my Sukuna form, they would get suspicious as to why I was unharmed. Then there is also a possibility that they would read my memory through mind magic. I shuddered at this thought.

“Aghhh! I am in quite a predicament. I really need to create a flawless story so I won't raise any suspicion.”

I start to think really hard.

“The bleeding is finally stopped! Now we have to take him to someone who knows healing magic!”
Noelle shouted as she finally applied the knot to the severed arm. She was continuously sweating.
“Me and Leopard will carry him, so don't worry! Come, Leopard, let's go!” Asta shouted as he ran and carried Fugoleon.

“Okay!” Leopold complied as he also carried him, and they started running to get him treated.

“I really hope he survives!” Noelle said in an emotional tone. “......He will! After all, he is the captain of the Crimson Lion!” I added, so it seems that I am also worried about him.

I then started walking. “Zon, where are you going?” Noelle asked.

“I am going to take a look at nearby people. You should also go and help them.” With that, I left and started to walk around to see if anyone was in trouble.

While I was walking, I was also making up the story in my mind. After walking around and helping people for a long time, I arrived at a place where the captains and everyone were gathered along with the Wizard King.

“Zon! You are finally here,” Asta shouted as he saw me.

“Hello everyone, I am sorry I arrived late. I was just helping people,” I explained as I walked towards them.

“Zon, were you with Fugoleon when he was transported to the portal?” the Wizard King questioned me as he gazed right into my eyes.

“Yes, Wizard King. I wanted to push him out of the portal, but I was not fast enough and was teleported alongside him,” I answered in a regretful tone.

“Then can you tell us about what happened to Fugoleon?”

“I can tell a few things. Just when I was teleported, Fugoleon and I were in a pure white space. At the same time, a voice called out, questioning why there was an additional person here. I saw him— tall, slender, with white hair, gold eyes, and pointy ears like an elf! I was shocked. Just as I was about to ask him who he was, I don't know how, but he suddenly appeared in front of me, and then everything went black. After some time, I finally awoke and found him with Captain Fugoleon's necklace in his hand, and Captain Fugoleon was lying on the ground with a severed hand. I was unable to move in such a scene, and when I finally managed to move, everything was covered in a black vortex, and we were transported out,”

I narrated with a mixture of truth and lies, with some pauses in between, and in an emotional tone to validate my story.

“You should not blame yourself, as it is not your fault. It's thanks to you that we were able to get a gist of who did it,” the Wizard King comforted me.

Success! He believed me! My face didn't change a bit, but I was overjoyed inside.

“From what I know, they call themselves the Eye of the Midnight Sun,” the Wizard King said.

“But Wizard King, weren't all elves wiped out by humans in the past?” Charlotte asked in a surprised tone.

“Did they do this for revenge, and if they did, then why did they take Fugoleon's necklace?” Charlotte added.

“I don't know, but whatever they are planning isn't something good,” the Wizard King replied as he gazed into the sky.

...... To be continued.