Flowers

So yes. I was gone for 5 months, I admit. (and for like 3 months i was getting into a new fandom instead of being a normal functioning human being) My motivation for doing most of my hobbies has been gone this whole time, but here I am wanting to write this mythology thing again. I apologise for my absence. Let's hope my motivation doesn't disappear any time soon, although for me as an author it is normal to have such a messy posting schedule thanks to my will to do anything randomly disappearing <333

Yeah anyways! Let's celebrate me not abandoning this fanfic in the end (I wrote like half of this chapter in September and finished it today so there might be some shift in tone or inconsistencies idk this chapter is my creative writing warm-up i guess).

Albedo is spending time with Klee near his house. She's picking up some flowers, saying she's making a bouquet for her caretaker back at the palace while the man is watching her with a fond smile on his face. He's sitting among the grass, making sure Klee doesn't hurt herself in any way.

The flowers picked by her are of many colours, they create a rainbow-like mix. They shine even brighter in the blinding sunlight. Today is a sunny, warm day.

Butterflies and bees are flying around her from time to time and she wants to catch them— trap them in her small palms out of curiosity— but Albedo\s fond gaze turns into a stern one when he sees her futile attempts at catching one of the insects. Despite Albedo not letting Klee do that, she's happy that she gets to talk with him today. And that today is sunny.

At least that's what Aether thinks is happening right now down there— on earth. Albedo must be having fun during this beautiful day. Or he might be hanging out with his friends around this time of day. Although, he did tell him that he doesn't visit the city too often and would rather spend his time away from society. Aether doesn't know if he should feel guilty for not visiting Albedo alone today or if he should pat himself on the back for giving this man a break from social interactions.

There's probably nothing bad about not talking with Albedo for a day or two, but— to Aether— it feels like telling the other person that he doesn't like them much. When Aether gets attached to somebody (which doesn't happen often) he feels the need to constantly be by their side. He did that with Lumine - he was always there for her and with her. He was attached at her hip. And now that he met Albedo and got to know him better, deemed him interesting company, he feels like he has to constantly show him that he likes him, which he expresses by always being present and spending time with that person.

So not spending time with Albedo every single day would feel like a betrayal on his part. But— at the same time— Albedo did say he doesn't like spending time with people too often and Aether wouldn't know what that 'too often' is because his social battery isn't as small. On the other hand, Albedo constantly offers Aether to stay the night at his house and then he's never told him to leave - it's always Aether who says that he has to go. But what if Albedo doesn't say that out of simple politeness?

Those thoughts only serve to amplify his guilt induced by his and Albedo's relationship. It started when he was so close to Albedo yesterday when they were painting.

He could hear Albedo's voice, feel the smell of Albedo's clothes (which was a smell of flowers next to his house), Albedo's body heat radiating off of him, Albedo's chest rising with every exhale and inhale, and yet he felt lonely. Because Albedo doesn't really know him. He's told him a lot about himself and all that he's received back from Aether was a not exactly truthful story about Lumine, He still thinks Aether is a human. Sure - it's for the better, but Aether doesn't want to lie to somebody who he wishes to call his friend. Who he calls his friend. That's not fair, but— come to think of it— gods aren't really fair. They're deceitful, traitorous, dishonest, shallow, envious, jealous, etc.. There's no redeeming traits about them. And as much as it hurts Aether to call the ones of his kin so vile and terrible, that's what they are and that's what they make him because he is one of them and it is only right for him to be like this too because how can he be any different from them when he's one of them it'd be like saying that somehow there is one human who has wings when the rest doesn't— it doesn't make sense it—