I

"Oh no! Ahhhh!" Blue fell from an opening in the sky, Sonic still a little below him.

He tried to unfold their wings in time, but there just wasn't enough of it. They both hit the ground, tumbling for a while before stopping.
"Oh, ouch. That's gonna be a headache and a half," Blue looked around for Sonic, who was still unconscious in a heap.

"Come on Sonic, wake up." He looked around. No one. The whole place seemed deserted. Buildings were reduced to nothing but rubble, plants were dead on the floor, and the whole place was covered in sand.

"Oh boy" he grimaced, "Looks like there's no other way," he got down in the position to do recovery breaths, Sonic's eyes opening at that moment.

And let's just say, seeing a dragon's entire set of teeth probably isn't the way you want to wake up.

"Ah!" He backed away, "what the heck?" He yelled before recognizing Blue.
"Blue! What are you doing here? Where are we- oh no." He looked around, eyes widening as he recognized this place,

"Sunset City," he breathed. "What happened?"

***

She'd been sent out to investigate the loud noise that had come from Sunset City. She sighed as she saw two Möbians. They'll be killed if they stay out here.. unless she seemed to think for a bit, before drawing her weapon, they're with the enemy.

I just wish this war would end alre- wait! "No, it can't be," as she came closer, she could make out the silhouette of a head of quills, two on the back, and those unmistakable red shoes.

"Sonic?"

***

Sonic's ears flexed, he was sure he had heard his name. Turning, he found a familiar pink hedgehog running towards them both.

"Amy!"

"Sonic!"

"Amy!"

She seemed angry, "SONIC!"

"Amy?"

She drew her hammer, "SoNiC!"

"Oh sweet chaos and crackers," he realized, Amy's hammer hitting him, sending him flying.

"Ow, Amy! What the heck? We're friends!" He tried to get up, the enraged Möbian pouncing on him, pinning his head down,

"How do I know you're real?" She demanded, "Or even if so, you left us all this time! We all thought you were dead!"
"Wait, no! I'm real! I'm definitely not dead either. What the hell is going on?"

"Oh, we'll find out if you're real alright!" She raised a small knife.
"Wait! Nonono!"

"Hey, wait, don't do that!" Blue tried to pull her off, but she was incredibly sturdy.
"Get off me!" She hissed, raising the knife again, the blue closing his eyes.

But Blue shoved her, "What the heck is wrong with you? He's real!" Look!" He showed her a graze on the blue's arm, and she immediately backed away,

"Sonic?" She almost seemed in disbelief, "Is it really you?"
"Ugh... yeah?"

"Oh, Sonic!" Her eyes welled with tears, "It really is you!" She hugged him, "My sweet Sonic is alive!"