Valentine's Day Special

Nah nah nah nah. I'm definitely not late for Valentine's Day 😅.

...Okay, fine. I am-

But I was spending time with my boyfriend that day and it flew over my mind.

But please accept this special chapter as an apology- 🙇🏾

Btw, this chapter obviously takes place after season 1 and before season 2

And note in case you forgot. Kobayashi's name is Kyoko since there's no canon first name for her.

❤----------------❤

"Here you go. My family in Hokkaido sent me a lot of chocolate."

You looked up from your computer to see one of your co-workers giving out chocolates from a box.

"What's this? Valentine's chocolate from your mom?" A worker from behind him teased.

"Stop teasing me. It's not like that."

You looked towards Kobayashi sipping her coffee as she turns to Takiya.

"Takiya-kun, did you get any this year?"

Takiya looked up from eating his lunch and held up two fingers. "I got two."

"What a stud." She sighed and then looked over to you. "(Y/N)-chan, what about you?"

"I ended up receiving maybe at least six." You leaned back to reveal the chocolates on your desk. "Guess they're really thankful for me helping them with their struggles."

Elma came up sprinting to Kobayashi, holding out the wrapped chocolate in her hands. "Look at this Kobayashi-san. I got it from Yamashita-san!"

"Good for you." Kobayashi gave her a small smile. "Those chocolates are pretty famous. They're really good."

"What a wonderful day today is!" Elma dancing around, holding the chocolate to her face. "I got some great chocolate for free!"

"Oh, Kyoko-san. I almost forgot." You reached down under your desk and pulled out a small box with a bow on top, reaching out to give to her. "I bought some chocolates for you too."

Kobayashi took the gift and gave you a small hug. "Thanks, (Y/N)-chan."

❤---------------❤

You returned home and changed out of your work clothes into comfortable clothes, walking into you and Fafnir's gaming room.

"I'm home, Faf-kun."

"You're late. Hurry and sit." He turned to look at you as you sat down at your desk.

You gave him your usual sweet smile. "Sure thing."

You logged onto your RPG game and notice a notification alert next to the mail icon.

You received a present from Ooyama Takeshi!

You clicked to open the gift which reveals a Valentine's Blade. Your eyes slightly widen and cheeks started to become warm.

A smirk slowly replaced the surprised look on your face.

"Ah, I see." You said, still looking at the screen. "Today is Valentine's Day after all."

Fafnir turned to look at you. "What are you talking about? Forget about that and just send me the same item."

You let out a small laugh. "Sure, honey."

❤----------------❤

"It's been a while since I've been to a hot spring." Kobayashi said, looking out the window on the train.

Takiya invited you, Kobayashi, and the other dragons along with the kids for a social gathering to the hot springs for Valentine's.

"Me too." You said. "It's nice to come back again. It's boring to go alone."

"Would anyone like some refreshments?" A female train attendant came by with a cart full of drinks and snacks.

Kobayashi nodded. "3 coffees for us, please."

"Could I have (f/d), please? And..." You felt a nudge on your hand and saw Fafnir's hand settles on top of yours, giving you a pleading look before looking out the window again. "...apple juice, please."

❤----------------❤

Tohru waved at Fafnir to get his attention. "Come on, Fafnir-san. We're going."

"I noticed." He muttered, walking to the hot springs inn.

After grabbing your bag, you ran up to him to walk beside him.

"You're a lot more sociable than I thought you'd be."

"On a fundamental level, dragons always like to have leeway." He told.

"Leeway?"

"I'm talking about power. Socializing with humans, interacting with and taking part in your culture, those are all whims borne of the leeway our power affords us."

He continued. "The stronger you are, the more leeway you have to enjoy. That's all there is to it."

"And can we expect this whimsy to continue?" You asked, smiling.

He only replied with a low grunt, avoiding your smug gaze.

❤----------------❤

Okay so this was supposed to be published 3 days ago. I was originally going to write a short romantic moment with the Reader and Fafnir but my mind was BLANK. So, I'll publish what I got so far and then I'll update when the idea pops in my head.
Thank you all for listening 🙇🏾