chapter 3: home sweet home

I was basically sobbing throughout the trip crying my eyes out I'm pretty sure the girls heard me as sopmod is currently hugging my waist in the loader's position, i kept crying but eventually I stopped and opened my phone album to check a picture of me and M16 together after a mission.

I was so happy back then..., WE were so happy back then ump, 416. I wonder I they are now I heard they went rogue, i also heard they are mercenary's now i hope I can meet them again. It would be nice.

Sopmod: "prowler"

Prowler: "mm?" I said muffled due to me burying my face in my hands

Sopmod: "who did you talked to? It sounded like 16"

Prowler: "b-because it was her"

M4A1: "what?"

Prowler: "w-we promised to k-keep a long range walkie talkie with our private frequency so we can t-talk to each other on long range m-missions"

M4A1: "and you didn't tell us?"

Prowler: "n-no"

RO365: "okay calm down m4, she didn't know our situation or even the fact that M16 wasn't even on our side anymore"

Prowler: "t-the last time we talked w-was before something she called operation Echo Charlie Juliet niner twelve"

AR-15: "that was a month ago and she called it... that?"

Prowler: " y-yeah she said it was a code or something..."

AR-15: "a code huh..."

Prowler: "!"

Sopmod: "hm? What is it?"

Prowler: "girls get back to your seats..."

The moment I said that the went back to their seats. I popped my head a little out of the cupola and scanned around the tank trying to find what ever it is that's watching us. sometimes i have this gut feeling that someone or something is watching me. Then I saw it two jaegers perched on a building.

I quickly ducked my head down as they fired a shot that was millimeters from killing me. As I clambered back to the turret I rotated the turret towards the building and fired off an HEAT shell towards them.

BOOOM

Sopmod: "ho! NOW THATS FUN!"

Ro: "was that needed?"

Prowler: "yep, just Incase! Now we gotta start running because those are just scouts!"

As i accelerated the tank i couldn't help the feeling of danger, someone is watching us and I don't like how it's doing it, its like a predator stalking it's prey waiting for the right moment to strike.

Luckily that never happened and we continued to cruise our way to the base that m4 say should be near, but then again they say that every time even though we're still far away.

Prowler: 'I am gonna die am i, But hey! We're in a goddamn tank that was made to withstand a lot stuff i mean c'mon it's not like those scouts was just there to give exact coordinates of where we are heading right? It's not like they measured how fast we're cruising and now has a point where they would drop their artillery on us right?'

Ro 635: "you do realize that we are currently linked together right? Thus the reason when asked for your neuralcloud ID???"

Prowler: "A"

AR-15: "is that all you can say?"

Prowler: "i- uh- waaah! Shaddap! Stop bullying me!"

Ro 635: "alright, alright she has a point, she needs to stay focused when navigating this iron coffin"

"Excuse me?"

Ro 635: "wait, wait, wait! I have my reasons to call it that okay!?"

Prowler: "fair point"

BOOOM!

Prowler: "you are shitting me... Right?"

Ro 635: "did... They actually did what you just said?"

Sopmod: "don't jinx it next time :)"

Prowler: "a good time to run then or maybe drive"

As the artillery shells gets more accurate I pushed my engine to the absolute limit going over 73 km/h in a 70 ton tank, oh almighty engine problems here I come.

BOOM

M4A1: "THEIR GETTING CLOSE"

Prowler: "INCREDIBLE OBSERVATION, I F**ING KNOW!"

RO 635: "THEN WHY ARE'NT WE GETTING FASTER?!"

Prowler: "MY ENGINE AND DRIVE TRAIN IS AS STABLE AS THE ONES ON WW2 GERMAN TANKS! YOU WANT US TO BREAK DOWN IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE BE MY GUEST!"

while we were bickering one of the artillery shells landed near the tank it didn't blew up the tracks luckily but it did made us felt as if someone slammed a bell while we were under said bell, but as the shelling wared off I slowed the tank down, why you ask? 249°c on the engine that's your answer.

But hey I got a signal coming from that base m4 has been talking about

Prowler: "aight I got good news and bad news which one do you want to hear?"

Star: "the good one please"

Prowler: "okay then, we are 4.6 km away from your base and if we keep going at outer current speed we should be there in 14 minutes"

Sopmod: " and the bad news "

Prowler: " 249°c on the engine speaks for itself, if we go any faster I might blow it up one of the shrapnel must've hit the cooling sistem "

Ro: "what's our max speed"

Prowler: "34 km/h don't worry there's no turns all a straight line, like I said 14 minutes is were lucky"

Ro: "and if not?"

Prowler: "20"

Star: "hmm"

Prowler: "well then let's start moving"

The moment I finished saying that I moved the tank forwards and began our supposed 14 minute track towards that base me was talking about.

Timeskip

Well we made it, the base is sure as hell huge, and uh the girls are sleeping and my umm... Brain is thinking uh... Stuff

Prowler: 'ro is huge... What if I touch them'

I chose otherwise as m16 has... Questionable attachments to them. Anyways I hopped out of the tank and saw a woman in a red trench coat.

???: "so you're the last resistance member huh?"

Prowler: "uh yeah they call me prowler ma'am"

Gentiane: "drop the ma'am you make me feel old, the names Gentiane nice to meet you, I'm the commander here if you haven't figured out"

Prowler: "sorry to disrespect but... Can I get some sleep?"

Alright let's do a check. I got bored on writing this, started playing warthunder, now I have motivation.

Sorry Chernobyl друг for being really late on these stories, but expect drawing made by me as I got my hands on a pen tablet and trained my drawing skills to be at least mediocre status. Heck you can even expect on a full drawing Based story on Wattpad about a B-24 liberator crew in WW2 no text just an entire comic

Anyways peace out and stay healthy yea? Yea, ok, cool.

Prowler: "I always come back"