💫🌠── change

CARDI STOOD staring at herself in the bathroom mirror of her new school, while her best friend used the restroom.

through the mirror, cardi looked at herself, fixing her straight hair and every flaw that showed.

"I'm just saying, if I find out that fucking whore is in my class ain't nobody holding me back." Cardi heard from beside her making her glance at the girls who stood beside her.

They were pretty, so pretty they probably had all the boys on them.

the one who was speaking, applied lip gloss to her lips, cardi cringed at the amount she put.

It looked like she didn't know how to apply make up.

"I never said I was going to hold you back.." the girls friend, said hopping off the school bathrooms stink.

It shocked cardi how they did not get dress coded from that small jean skirt they wore.

Or how their parents didn't tell them anything.

A small urge to become like them took over.

If only she had that body.

before they caught her staring, cardi looked away.

turning back to the mirror.

Cardi looked down at her body, her outfit choice wasn't bad, in fact it was cute. just covered her body unlike the girls next to her.

the girls beside her notice her, and look at cardi up and down.

They didn't look at her in a disgusting way. They looked at her satisfied at her outfit choice and just the way she looked.

The two eighth graders knew that the seventh grader next to them will be one of them.

The popular kids.

"Oh my god.. Anna- it's cardi." cardi heard a voice say, a very familiar voice.

cardi could hear the sound of mayas rolling backpack making her cringe while the girls laugh at the backpack.

there stood maya and Anna, the duo that been best friends since elementry.

the two girls stared at cardi.

Cardi Perez use to be one of them, they were cardis only friends.

they use to play with dolls with her, and do weird fun things with each other.

but that all ended the summer of 7th grade.

cardi closed her eyes with her back turned to them, mentally preparing to face them.

all summer, cardi had ignored their calls and knocks at her home door. she avoided them completely.

it was mean, yeah, but that summer of 7th grade, cardi matured.

And maya and Anna? They did not.

because even though they were together 24/7. Maya and Anna didn't know what was going on with cardi and Dustin longs and his friends.