💫🌠── weak

CARDI WATCHED as teenagers walked in to her class, glancing around the classroom, looking for someone recognizeable. Someone they knew from elementary school.

Cardi for one, had no one in this class. So she sat in the back of the class at the corner, where she got a view of everybody.

cardi looked away from the door and at her fingers that sat her lap, fidgeting. her leg bounced up and down, cardi was careful to not make a noise, not even a tiny one. She was scared they would think she was werid for one simple little noise.

the bell rang.

Her breath hitched at the loud bell.  all cardi could feel was eyes, all over her watching her from every direction.  afraid to look up she did so anyways.

She glanced around the classroom. meeting the few eyes of students who also glanced around.

A sigh and hesitant sigh left her soft painted lips.

"Well, hello class. I'm Mr. Rodriguez." The teacher with a thick Hispanic accent spoke making cardi look up and stare at him.

"track the speaker" she thought. cardi had a slight feeling Mr Rodriguez was a new teacher. so many clues stood out to her, slightly proving her point. One clue, was how young the teacher was, as if he had just graduated college.  the second clue being the way he dressed compared to the other teachers she passed by in the halls.

he wore a white baggy shirt, with baggy jeans, his hair being neatly slicked back. he also had a tattoo, clearly visible to everyone.

He looked like someone who was straight out of prison, starting a new life.

" I will be your English teacher this year, and if you're lucky enough, maybe next year." He said.

he was definitely Mexican.

everyone stared at Mr Rodriguez. so many questions running through their mind. Mr Rodriguez can pass as many things but a teacher.
he Can pass as a thug.

or those older plugs that would always convince you to buy something from them, always using the word "ma" or "Mami" to refer to cardi.

"we can save the question towards the end," Mr Rodriguez chuckled staring at the amount of students that raised their hands. "for now, ima take role call. And then.. we will all stand up and share our name, and..." mr Rodriguez's voice paused so he can think. "and share a wish by using a full sentence." He continued.

cardi paused and fisted her hands, she didn't want to stand up, or share anything. 

Cardi was to busy overreacting she hadn't realized he was talking.

"Cardi Perez?" the teacher spoke making cardi look up and raise her hand.

Mr Rodriguez smiled at her, making her slightly smile back. "there's no way that's cardi!" cardi heard a hush whisper say. 

Cardi glanced at the direction of the voice, curious of who the voice belonged to.

and of course, it belonged heather. One of the girls that was in the group that would bully cardi to her end point. calling her creative offensive names, that heather didn't know but would stick to cardi till this day.

"I heard she lost her v- card to Ethan." heathers friend said staring right at cardi with a look of amazement. 

cardi wanted to throw up at the comment.

heathers mouth slightly opened in shock and turned to look at cardi who was already staring.

heather smiled.

Heathers friend also smiled at cardi.

but cardi tilted her head, giving heather a bitch face. "your cardi, Right?" Heather said tilting her head and staring right at cardi with a smile.

cardi nodded.

"Yeah, and who are you?" Cardi said making heather and her friend look at each other. Shocked that the girl they went to elementary with their whole life didn't even know their names. "H-heather. I'm heather... we went to school together? Remember.." heather said making cardi furrow her eyebrows in confusion.

she knew her acting like she didn't know who Heather was, was getting to her.

Because heather showed it.

Cardi glanced at her hands that were fisted, she was clearly feeling some type of way towards cardis act. "No.. I don't remember there being a Heather.." cardi muttered tilting her head with a smile. "Oh-''' Heather shut her mouth noticing cardi turn her attention back to mr Rodriguez.

Heather was the most popular girl in elementary, and she swore she would be in middle school to. Either cardi was retarted , or was acting.

"Dustin long?" Mr Rodriguez's said.

Cardis breath hitched.

She froze in her seat.

memories of Dustin long flashed through her mind as she went stiff.

Everything around her became hot and it felt like she was in a tiny room.

"Here." The voice said, from right behind cardi.

the urge to turn her body to face Dustin was eating her up, she didn't need to. Or had too.

all the attitude cardi had, disappeared, the look on her face did too.

"wow, where did all that attitude go?" his voice spoke, as he stared at the back of her bright cherry read hair. Not one hair looked out of place. And Dustin noticed that.

cardi ignored and sat straight on her seat.

"Oh, so to your going to act like I'm not talking are you, huh?" god his voice sounded so- cardi couldn't even explain it. but it was soft and making her go weak. cardi mentally shook her head and snapped out of the state she was in for him.

there's no way she could go weak for Dustin long, and expecially in that way.

"cmon, answer." Dustin whispered to her, kicking her seat.

cardi rolled her eyes and fisted her hands.

she turned her body to face him.

"what? What the fuck do you want Dustin?" Cardi spat.

"you."