13.

"I know he will return soon!" You said as you went through a bunch of papers along with Childe. 

Childe only blinked and sighed. "That doesn't mean you should avoid visiting the doctor, Y/n. He'll kill me if he found out you were this sick." 

"I think it's truly a normal illness." You said without a single care.

.

.

Only if you had been a little more cautious about yourself, you wouldn't be sitting in front of a doctor, so helplessly. 

"I'm afraid miss Y/n, you don't have much time left. Your hemoptysis has progressed severely and the least we can do is prescribe strong medications." The doctor explained to you.

You only listened to a part of it. You knew your time was soon coming to an end and you wanted to be with your lover before you close your eyes for good. 

You trusted he will return back soon. So you decided to decline the last ways that could give you another chance at life. Strong medications would put you into a bedridden state and you preferred to rather slowly die. 

Till the last day all you asked Childe was "When would Pantalone return?" or "Is there any letters for me?" 

Poor Childe could only see you slowly die out of stubbornness. The day when he finally came to know that Pantalone had fallen into a coma, he came running to your room.

Only to find blood all over your face and pillow and body laying unconscious. You had taken your final breath.