Start of new journey

Renjini's pov
Today is my first day at new college. New set of people... New state.... But since my dad is a half tamilian I know to speak tamil. Hope all goes well. I have always wanted to be a doctor. And through my journey of ug and pg I decided to be an endocrinologist. There is also influence of my mother who is a doctor herself. Yes....my mother is a doctor and my father is an engineer. I have always seen my mother as my idol  and maybe that's why decided to be a doctor. My native is Trivandrum but I chose a college outside state for MD and now DM. That's because I wanted to stay away from my family. One main reason for it is to decrease the marriage talks in my home.  I'm a crazy character. I wanted to get married after falling in love and never had the courage to fall in love. Maybe because I think I've not yet met the right person for me. Whatever it is now I'm 28 and I can't prolong the marriage talks anymore at home. Looks like they'll start an active search for grooms. Now that's not my concern. Currently my concern is how it will be in my new workplace cum college. I hope all goes well. I'm staying in the pg girls hostel of the college. My parents didn't have the courage to allow me to rent a place and stay alone. So got me admitted in the hostel. And it's close to college so no car needed also 😢. Got to go to the new college.

Renjini reaches the college and goes to the department to Meet the HOD and seniors.
All the 4 new candidates who have joined in endocrinology dept in first year have reached and they go to HOD's room.

HOD: welcome guys. Welcome to the dept. Hoping that you all will learn a lot and also have utmost care for the patients. You'll get your division into units. From tomorrow you have to report to the unit chief of your unit. The duty list will also be published shortly.

All: thank you sir

After that all were divided into units and our Renjini was allotted to unit 1. She met the unit chief. He was a friendly guy and all the other seniors in the unit were also quite friendly. The only problem was that none of them were from Kerala.

She joined duty and started with her work. She was always a compassionate doctor who is quite friendly towards patients and other staff. Her only problem was that she can't mingle after a certain level with any of her peers. Still she tried to create a rapport with others.

Her roommate was from Coimbatore and she was a MD student. She was initially a bit tensed with Renjini cause she is a senior but our Renjini being a friendly person mingle with her easily and became a friend. Even though she was much junior to her age wise they were just 1 year apart.

Renjini was always a studious girl and prioritised studies over everything. She always got everything in first attempt except her driving license😅. So she became a senior at a young age.

Renjini's routine was to go to hospital at the correct time, do her duty with utmost sincerity and return back on time. Other than that she had the habit to talk to her parents via phone everyday and occassionally to her close friends from college. Also to msg to her most fav school friend.

Like this Renjini's life just continues....

( To be continued)

In next chapter we'll see the life of our hero. Since our heroine is a introvert and they belong to different depts they haven't interacted till now. They've not even got introduced or have a proper look at each other till now.