First Meet

Even though both Renjini and Hrithik were working together they never met each other properly. Their boring life was going on until they announced the grand celebration of platinum jubilee of their college.

The Platinum jubilee celebration was to be held in a grand manner with support from the alumni of the college and the faculties of college. They had planned for a 3 day program. First 2 days is a convention program with eminent speakers from all over the world. Last day they had planned award distribution, cultural programs and closing ceremony.

For the cultural program the whole college was invited to perform. Since the program had guests from all over the world and many eminent personalities they had planned everything on a time bound basis. The cultural program included programs by the UG students, PG students, Super speciality students and faculties.

( For those who don't know in medicine after doing MBBS, students can join for post-graduation in various specialities. After completing post-graduation students who did PG in medicine, surgery, pediatrics and respiratory medicine can opt to study further by specialising in a superspeciality which were neuro, gastroenterology, endocrinology, cardiology, nephrology etc. Both our hero and heroine have completed PG in general medicine and joined for superspeciality course. Hero is doing DM neurology and heroine is doing DM endocrinology).

Since the program is time bound each group of participants was given a fixed time and they have to plan their program accordingly ie, for example UG students can perform for a maximum of 1 hr.
Also from each group a representative was selected to coordinate the program. From the superspeciality group Hrithik was the representative since he was known for such extra curricular activities.

He made this known to all the DM students and asked them to inform him if they are interested to perform. He had planned to sing in the program.

On the other side when our Renjini got to know about the program she felt an urge to perform in this program but was very much confused. One person to which she was very close other than her family and friends was her roommate. Even though she was junior to Renjini she was quite friendly and open with her. She too encouraged Renjini to participate. Her parents also agreed and her friends also compelled her to perform. So she decided to perform .

She enquired about the coordinator and just got to know that his name is Hrithik and her belong to Neuro dept. She decided to meet him since she is not that comfortable to speak to someone over phone without meeting and also was confused about the whole program.

On the last day for submission of names she met Hrithik in his dept. On the first meet itself she felt an unknown connection with him. She had an instant crush on him. He was handsome and his behaviour towards other attracted her. She was hesitant to approach him since she felt this attraction. Later brushed off the thoughts because most of the DM students were either married or committed. Also she has this worst history of her crushes being committed leaving no hope for her.

She approached him and called out his name. He slowly looked up.

Renjini: Excuse me sir, are you Dr. Hrithik Kumar?

Hrithik saw her for the first time. He too felt and unknown emotion on meeting her. He too felt attracted to her. She looked very much professional in the white coat, her hairstyle and black full framed glasses. He kept looking at her until she cleared her throat. He instantly jerked off and spoke to her.

Hrithik: yes . What can I do for u?

Renjin: sir, I am Dr. Renjini currently doing first year DM in endocrinology department. I heard that you are the coordinator for cultural programs as part of Platinum Jubilee celebration.

Hrithik: yes. I'm doing it.

Renjini: sir I've learnt Dancing and I would like to participate in it. So can you please tell me what should I do?

Hrithik: first of all stop calling me sir. I'm not that senior to you. You can call me Hrithik.

Renjini: ok Hrithik

Hrithik: and about the program . Actually we are allotted only little amount of time for performing since we are the minority group here. Already that time has been allotted to others. Another group of people approached me yesterday and they asked me for slot and I allotted them that slot. I'm extremely sorry about it.

After he finished he clearly saw the disappointment in her face. He felt very bad. He didn't know why he felt so. He wanted to help her but he was silent due to his helplessness. Only 2 slots were available and one was taken by him and the other was given to the group who approached him. He was in an emotional dilemma.

Renjini broke the silence

Renjini: it's okay sir, looks like I don't have the luck to perform this time.

She started to leave. He felt very bad and stopped her

Hrithik: Renjini pls wait.

Renjini turned back.

Hrithik: I can call you Renjini, right?

Renjini: sure Hrithik

Hrithik: okay. I feel bad seeing you leave like that. I'll do one thing. I'll allot you a slot. Actually only 2 slots are allotted to us. One was taken by the group yesterday. I'll give you the other slot.

Renjini: but Hrithik you only told that no slot is available, right?

Hrithik: actually I sing. So I had taken that slot for singing. But it's okay. I've sing numerous times here. You wanted to perform for the first time. So you can perform in that slot.

Renjini: oh no. That's okay. Please don't change your plan for me. I'll perform in some other occassion. This time you can go as planned.

Hrithik: that's okay. I've performed numerous times. It's fine....

Renjini was still hesitant.

Renjini: Hrithik I'll think about it and tell you later. Maybe after an hour or two. Will it be fine?

Hrithik: yeah it's cool. You can think and let me know. If your busy you can just give me a call.

Renjini: okay but I don't have your number?

Renjini smiled sheepishly.

Hrithik: oh I forgot that. Please note my number 9*********. Just send me a missed call. I'll save your number.

Renjini: ah okay sir.

Both exchanged numbers and went back to their other jobs.

Both had a mutual attraction to each other but thinking that the other person will be committed they brushed off the thoughts and concentrated on the respective works.

(To be continued)

We'll see what decision Renjini will take and he this is gonna affect their relationship.