9

Monday flew by with how busy I was. I slept like the dead last night, and prepping for the day at work went just as fast. The morning rush came and went as I waited for Marie to come get me. At noon she came and told me that everything was ready. I left Paris in the shop while I went upstairs with Marie. She was giving me a run down of everything that was bought, but I preferred to just see everything. I took my time looking through the three bedroom apartment. I was satisfied with everything now in place, from the appliances and the furniture to the freshly made new beds and the dishes in the kitchen cupboards. Marie even got a cat tower. "Nonna, it looks amazing, thank you," I said, giving her a rare hug from me. I have never been fond of touching, so it's rare when I do. "Darion, I haven't had this much fun in a long while. I loved the chaos involved with being a maid and cook for your parents for years. Being busy again felt wonderful, think nothing of it," Marie insisted before we headed back down to the shop.

Ryan came just before one, and I made us both a drink before asking him to come with me just as Theo arrived at the shop. I took Ryan up to the apartment and handed him the key, saying, "Would you unlock it for me?" He did as I asked, and as we walked in, I said,"Welcome home." Ryan's head whipped around to face me. "You'll sign the rental agreement on Sunday when you bring Betsy. My pops is downstairs to be your ride and help you move anything you want from your current place to here. I have the rent set to $1,500 a month. You'll give the rent check to Mrs. Lane in apartment one on the first Friday of the month starting in July. All the utilities are included in the rent. You'll only have to pay for television, internet, and phone. There is central air in the building, so you don't have to worry about air conditioning in the heat. I had the apartment fully furnished, and if you decide to move, you can take anything you want with you. On the sixth floor you will find amenities that the property offers such as; gym equipment, yoga studio, children's play area, Arcade style game room, a small library, a pantry that is filled once a month, a homestyle movie theater, and the laundry room but you have laundry in your apartment so that probably won't matter. If anything is wrong or broken, tell Mrs. Lane. I know this is a lot to process, so I'll leave you to gather yourself. I will be down in the coffee shop whenever you are ready." I informed before leaving him alone in his new place .

I waited in the shop for half an hour before Ryan came down. I left Marie and Paris to run the shop as Theo drove Ryan and I to his apartment in a run-down neighborhood in a bad part of the city. Ryan looked embarrassed when we got out. "There is nothing to be embarrassed or ashamed about, boy. My Marie and I have been to see your grandmother just yesterday. She is proud of you. I've lived in worse places than this. You will have no judgment from me," Theo told him, noticing Ryan's crumpled frame. "Betsy said third floor. Pops, where's the boxes?" I said, bouncing slightly in excitement. He opened the trunk, pulling out a bundle of moving boxes, packaging tape, and a couple of permanent markers. "Lead the way," he said with a shake of his shoulders as he laughed at my excitement.

Ryan's apartment was a cramped small one bedroom apartment, but we packed everything he wanted to bring. Well, they did. I packed up Betsy bedroom. I labeled each box with every item I packed in it. "Is she always this organized?" Ryan asked. "She likes things her way. Everything will have a multiple of three in some way, and all things will be labeled." Theo informed him. "Let's load the trunk up while she finishes," Theo said before they walked away. I finished packing and headed down the stairs. I was stopped on the second floor as a random guy grabbed me as I heard Theo and Ryan coming up the steps. "Pops!" I yelled as he pulled me inside an apartment. The door slammed as I heard running footsteps. I was thrown to the floor by a slap across my face as the man told me I was going to regret that. I screamed as loud as I could to help Theo find me. The man started kicking my abdomen, knocking the wind out of me. I curled in on myself, protecting my internal organs as the kicks kept coming. The door burst open, and Theo made the man quit but thankfully didn't kill him in front of Ryan. I was picked up and cradled in his arms to the car. "Ryan, go lock your apartment. We will finish later. I have to take her to the hospital," Theo ordered.