Chapter 3

The drive back home is always refreshing the feel of seeing those who gave birth to you is amazing but then again something about this trip makes my intestines cold I just don't know why. Mazwakhe was at my door at 8am sharp telling me he's driving back home with me since my dad has summoned us home. I left behind a bitter Sabelo what a way to start my weekend.

Mazwakhe is a naturally quiet brother but very strict at the same time he is currently married to my lovely sisterin law Lungile Nkosi and the have the cutest baby boy Sicelo, you can imagine how the drive is since he hadly initiates any conversation but I love him like that.
Arriving in Middleburg we firstly go hometo greetmy mom then head traight to my father's house since he's the one that summoned us back home.
Mazwakhe parks the car then we head traight into the house strangely uBabomkhulu is here but hey it's a friday he probably wanted to see his brother.
"Sanibona" Zwakhe and I say at the same time, we continue exchanging greetings and hugging in between
"Baba sabizwa phakath nenyanga ingabe konke kuse kahle?" Zwakhe asks
"Can I please say something but before that I need you guys to promise that you'll listen with an open mind first and allow me to finish then you can ask or comment on whatever it is I have to say" dad states and we both nod. Knowing my dad this is intense because he never needs my uncle to addresssomething but him being here raises flags because there's no way he would travel all the way from KZN and leave all his cattles and goats just for the fun of it so whatever it is it sends chilld down my spine.
"So you probably know of the Manqele family right, your grandfather was bestfriends with uManqele omdala so being as tight as they were they made promises to each other over a certain conversation which I cannot disclose to you guys but the agreement was that tge two families will come together and bear children for one one another meaning that one of my daughter will marry one of their sons" What in the ginirish is this old man saying now? Who marry who??
" Dad Simi is young to be someone's betrothed and also she can't just jump into marriage with a stranger as much as they were friends we don't know any of those people"
"We never said anything about Simi nana" Babomkhulu speaks out. What is that supposed to mean, Zwakhe is married and he is as straight as ruler, Simi is young and that leaves me "Whooaaaaa!!!! I surely hope you don't mean what I think you mean" they look at me with straight faces.