R U Mine?

She loved gardening and her new house faced the way she had always hoped it would. She could sit on the front porch and watch the sun come up and, in the evening, the back patio gave her a view of the dying light. Her gardens were neglected, but with just a bit of work, she would have them looking awesome in no time. She headed to the far bed that lay in the shadow of a big tree and was not visible from the road,
the loamy soil ready for planting.
Funny, there was a pile of clothes in the corner by the fence. She carefully lifted the corner with her dutifully warm trowel and saw Wednesday Addams, passed out in just some pumpkin patched boxers, a black tank top and matching socks.

Enid's face lit up like an ornament with a blush- and she quickly hid the other girl back beneath the safety of her thick clothing layer. Enid wasn't sure how long the town's weirdo had been asleep beneath the pile, but given the morning dew coating the thick coat laying atop her, and the heat radiating from tawny skin, it couldn't have been more than a night.

Well, to be fair, Wednesday wasn't hurting anyone. She was just past out on the lawn, and she couldn't quite bring herself to disturb her. She head back in for a slice of cake she'd been savouring since Ajax and Xavier's wedding a week prior.

Enid recalled calling it a night at around 8 pm- no sight of Addams or her load of shit as she went inside- nor was any of it visible under the iridescent orange and green glow of Halloween decorations at around 12 am when she went to grab a glass of water from the kitchen.

Enid ran a hand through tangled curls, letting out a sigh that felt a bit too heavy in her chest as she looked around at the neighbours houses. Of course, no one was around. It was 6:37 am on a goddamn Sunday morning, but it was more for her own piece of mind that she hadn't slipped into a coma or alternate dimension, than anything else. Because the prone form known as Wednesday Addams had returned to its spot.

She casted a wary look at the pile of clothes that rustled with every light snore and breath Wednesday took, and without a second thought, she tore her own hoodie off and went about peeling away the cold layers of makeshift-blankets from Wednesday's prone form.

The woman grumbled, her face smudged with dirt and grass stains as she faced Enid's general direction. Purple-tinged eyelids blinked open to meet Enid's own expecting gaze, but Wednesday wasn't concerned. She nearly shut her eyes again.

Enid huffed, marching over to kneel down by Wednesday's head, twisting her hoodie in her fist and smacking the unwelcome house guest with it.

"Wake up, Addams. The sprinklers turn on in 20."

The other woman grumbled in response, her snores filtering back into the quiet surroundings within a few seconds.

Enid sighed, walking back to the back porch and leaving her hoodie strewn on one of the handrails as she ventured inside for a cup of coffee and to do a bit of cleaning, because her immaculate house was in disarray- what, with the two empty containers of takeout and one empty beer can pushed neatly together on the marble counter.

-

The shrill scream that came from outside not even 25 minutes later brought a smug smirk to Enid's face as she finished cooking up her vegan bacon, and adding it to the plate of steaming eggs and cold fruit, the latest of her magazine subscription sitting freshly unwrapped beside her set up.

She refrained from sitting at one of the island stools, choosing to lean up against the newly washed counter to watch as Wednesday threw the door open, cool water pooling by her feet and etching onto clean hardwood.

"Not anther step, Addams." Enid said, shifting her magazine to fix the raven-haired woman with a glare.

The former met her eyes with a stare much darker and stormier than her own. "What. The. Fuck, Sinclair?!" Wednesday growled, wringing out a leg of her boxer shorts.