{Dante} The Devil Cries an Angel's Tears {Sparda}

.C.H.A.P.T.E.R. .O.N.E.

The old man stood outside the un-named building. He knew what was inside, and who. Cruel winds swept down the abandoned street, as he pushed open the heavy doors. The moon retreated behind the clouds in fear of what would happen on this desolate night. The shadows disappeared, giving the devils of the night and the mind nowhere to hide, and yet everywhere.

No one greeted him as he walked in. Loud music blasted from hidden speakers and the phone rung constantly, barely audible except to those who had been trained to hear what wasn't there. Pizza boxes littered the floor as well as beer bottles. This place was disgusting, but that wasn't why he was here. He was here to see the son of the legendary dark night, and he wouldn't leave until he got what he wanted.

A boy, or rather a man walked down the stairs. His dark trousers stood out in vast contrast to his pale skin. He dried his hair with a towel as droplets of water slithered over his skin. Physically he was impressive. The old man had no doubt this guy could complete his mission, but the question was, how hard would he have to bargain to get it done. The kid continued to the desk picking up a slice of pizza, letting the towel rest comfortably over his shoulders. It was a few moments before he noticed the old man.

"I have a proposition for you."

"I ain't open for business yet."

"I know. I'll make it worth your while."

"I ain't open-"

"$10000 sounds okay?"

The youth stood for a few moments, ten thousand was a hell of a lot, he could get other hunters for much cheaper than that, and the youth could tell he knew. In all truth, the silver haired man would accept less than that, not that he was going to let that be known. There had to be a catch.

"My daughter is in troub-"

"-I don't do that kind of work."

"Were you not taught to respect your elders? Do not interrupt. She is being hunted by demons. That is your line of work is it not?"

"Demon don't normally just-"

"Hunt for humans, I know."

"What happened to not interrupting?"

"I do not have to for idle chit chat. They will come for her tomorrow; you are not to let them get near her. I will pay you half now and half when she is safe."

The elder chucked a bundle of C-notes towards the youth, who caught it easily. He carelessly flicked through the notes, checking they were real, and counting them mentally. This man was for real then. The youth quickly noticed something else flying in his direction. Sticking out his spare hand he caught it without taking his blue eyes from the money. He brought whatever was in his second hand in front of his gaze. His icy eyes captured a picture of a beautiful girl and a little boy. She had blonde hair that loosely curled. Her blue eyes were radiating happiness as she held the boy in her arms, resting her head on his. Her smile was discrete and yet amazing. The youth found he was struggling to steal his eyes away from her; she was far more incredible than those he normally conversed with. She was almost angelic. His eyes flickered to the boy, who was completely different to her. His dark hair fell messily over his face, his tanned skin complimented his warm brown eyes that were the opposite to hers, yet as he looked at the picture, and the difference between the two, he saw a haunting resemblance between them.