Chapter Four

16 years have passed in our story. Jenna was now 26, the exact age Nightmaress needed her to be in order to obtain the power she so desperately wanted. She also looked exactly like Jenna-Louise Coleman now. No joke. Twins, I swear to god.

The butterfly visited her everyday. It was incredible! An insect actually came into the house of a human's, and it wasn't looking for food. It almost acted like a dog, I suppose. It had a curiously long lifespan for a butterfly.

She talked to it every time, it stayed until she was done, and even a little longer sometimes. She didn't care if it wasn't logical, something was physically there so she could see it and talk to it. It was a little bit like a verbal diary.

It came and went, and no one knew about the butterfly. If Nightmaress did, she'd laugh hysterically then squash it. Jenna wasn't sure what Tina would've done, but she was almost positive it would end up dead.

Jenna, over the course of the visits, discovered more about butterflies and found out for herself that it was a swallowtail butterfly and that it should have been dead a long time ago.

"I need to name you. I can't keep calling you butterfly; it'll drive me crazy. Well, more than I already am."

She joked and looked at the butterfly after a moment. "I wish you could laugh, that way I'd know if I was funny or not."

Jenna waved it aside.

"I guess I will just call you S.T. for now. Stupid? Yes, but I really need to take time to come up with something extraordinary for you." Jenna said while sitting against the wall. "You may leave if you wish. I'm done for the day."

S.T. flew from her side and went out the window a few minutes after Jenna suggested leaving.

She decided then to pick up reading; there wasn't much else to do.

"Perhaps I could get into drawing. It would help distract me." She said to herself while looking at the ornate covers of her various pieces of literature.

"I keep seeing that butterfly, everyday! I tell you it's got to mean something. Sixteen years I've been seeing it! Don't you think that's weird for an insect? It should have died ages ago!" Tina said following Nighfmaress into the living room. The room's walls were a dark colored wood, knives were displayed variously among them, and a few times in them, there were two wooden chairs and a glass coffee table, and there was a very small TV, about two decades too old.

"I don't have time for you today and your deranged mind. It's probably just the descendants of other stupid Yellow Swallowtail butterflies. Ever think of that?" Nightmaress said while examining the knifes lodged in the wall and pulling out a crimson hilted one.

"When have Swallowtail butterflies ever been around here? They're everything we're against: flying, yellow, and they bring happiness. Have you ever noticed that before sixteen years ago, no butterflies, not even one, was around? I'm telling you that that butterfly is trouble, and it could have to do with Jenna." Tina pestered.

Nightmaress drew the pointed end of the knife to Tina's throat. She could see the fear in her fragile sister's eyes, but she did not loosen her grip on the weapon.

"Listen here, you ungrateful and annoying excuse of a sister; the insect doesn't have to do with Jenna. It's a god damned butterfly! I hate the damn things too, yes, but making a huge deal out of nothing is making both of our lives harder than they already are. So cut this shit out and actually think intelligently for once!" Nightmaress growled and finally removed the knife from her sister's throat.

"Fine, then. I'm going out, too. No one even knows your precious little butterfly even exists, so she'll be fine." Tina spat and stalked out of the room. She was shaking from the reaction of Nightmaress.

Nightmaress didn't like the idea of leaving Jenna alone, but who even knew the place existed? Let alone the woman. It would be alright leaving her, wouldn't it?

Tina was already out the door doing her own thing. Nightmaress went to the hallway and looked into the mirror.

"Only a few more days and this will all be over. I'll never have to think about a child again. The room won't even matter then." She said to herself and breathed. She strode to the door, went outside and triple locked the door, and got in her car. Tina was no where to be seen.

"She can do whatever she wants. I'm not holding any responsibility for what she does anymore." She said and started the car.