Chapter Six

"Nightmaress, I have some exciting news!" Tina said over the phone in the empty classroom.

"As do I. I have gotten a child for you. Now you do not have to wait until next month."

Tina swallowed. "What do you mean? Why would do that?"

"You need to get into the swing of things. I will need you to dispose of something later on."

"But I don't want to!" Tina said fearfully. Her heart began to race. She couldn't do this in a shorter period of time than she was use to. She hated it altogether.

"Stop sounding so childish. You will do as I say or I will kill Scarlett." Nightmaress threatened.

Scarlett was a girl Tina could barely remember, but she felt a strong attachment to the name. Scarlett meant everything to her, just like S.T. did to Jenna, even though the memories were quite hazy and undefined. Tina somehow knew that the name was extremely important, but Nightmaress made her forget.

Tina froze and gripped the phone with anticipation.

"Is there any bargain you make where it's not a loss on either side?" She said through gritted teeth; tears started gathering in her eyes.

"I'm surprised that name still works on you. I thought you would have forgotten her completely." Nightmaress loved opening closed wounds and making matters oh so terribly worse.

Tears began falling before Tina said, "Shut up! You made me forget a lot of things, but I will never forget that name. I don't care who she is to you but I know she's important to me."

Tina hung up before she even mentioned what she had witnessed. It didn't matter to her at the moment.

Jenna sat against her familiar wall and stared out the window. She waited for S.T. to come. The butterfly usually came earlier than this...

"I hope the butterfly is alright. I'm greedy for wanting it to come so badly." She said guiltily and covered her face.

She straightened herself up and decided to do something productive.

Jenna stood up and walked, carefully, over to her journal, where she drew and wrote.

"I wonder if I've been the only captive." She asked aloud softly and opened the slightly worn navy hardcover.

Bored, she flipped through all the pages to see if she missed anything the last time she flipped through. It was obvious someone had used it before; pages were torn out and a name was scribbled on the back in pen, but it wasn't legible.

Jenna almost closed her eyes when something caught them. It was a small note inscribed on the back of one of the papers near the end. She wasn't good at reading cursive, but Jenna managed to decode the message. It read:

Hello,

I have only a few minutes left before she comes. Don't let her ruin your mind. Believe in one thing to stay alive for. She'll have more captors while your here, but you may never see them. Remember that one person or thing when she comes for you. It's crucial to remember.

Goodbye, friend.

She reread it a few times to make sure she didn't skip over anything and looked up puzzled. She couldn't identify the gender of the writer, but one thing she guessed was that they were at least close to the same state she was in. Did she have it better than those she could never see? She must have if she would never see them, whether that means they died or just stayed hidden well, she did not know. How would she even see them? She was trapped in her room for eternity it felt like.