Part 3

〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎

I awoke to the voice of Blu panicking. I opened my eyes and looked around to see myself in... A dark... Cage. I jumped up, my heart racing and all the fear and anxiety I've felt throughout my lifetime felt as if it was hovering over me, about to pounce like a wild leopard. "WHAT'S GOING ON?! WHERE ARE WE?! LET ME OUT! I CAN'T BE IN HERE! I CAN'T BREATHE! HEY! LET ME OUT!" I screamed, smashing into the sides of the cage looking for any way to get out.

"What is wrong with you?! Hush!" Jewel shouted in a hushed voice glaring at me as I began to hyperventilate, tears forming in my eyes. Blu turns to Jewel, "She can't be in cages. She has PTSD and she always freaks out being in a cage she can't easily fly out of." Blu defending me but I couldn't even here him.

I covered my eyes with my wings as their voices rang in my ears.

"Help us!"

"Get me out of here!"

"I have a family!"

"I don't want to die here!"

Their faces of terror. The pain in my stomach from not eating in a week. Their screams and desperate voices begging for help. The cold dead stare from those who starved to death. The beatings and shouting. The constant hours in darkness, confined in a tiny cage.

It all came back and you began to cry.

"I don't want to die here. I don't want to die here. I don't want to die here. It's too dark. Too dark and cold. I don't want to die here." You said over and over again like they were the only words that existed. Jewel tore the fabric covering the cage and looked through.

"Okay there's no place like home. There's no place like gone. I wish I was back in my own cage with my mirror and my swing and my little bell. Oh how I miss my little bell." Blu went on and on, much to the annoyance of Jewel who was already stressed out having me sobbing at the corner of the cage uncontrollably.
The state I was in was so bad that I couldn't even hear them. It was like I was really back at the breeders. The place I was held captive almost my whole life.

"Shh! Play dead!" Jewel jumped on her back and oretended to be dead.

"What? I don't need to play dead, I'm about to have a heart attack!"

"Just do it! Y/n! Play dead!" I snapped out of my thoughts at the voice of Jewel. "B-B-B-But I-I-I-I d-don't want to die! Not here! It's to dark!" I cried again, covering my face with my wings. Blu put a wing on my shoulder and gave me a reassuring look, "Don't worry, we'll get out of this."

Suddenly, Blu started fake moaning in pain all dramatically before pretending to choke. He then felt and started twitching.

"Stop twitching " Jewel whispered.

"It's the twitching that sells it." Blu replied. I just curled in a ball and covered my own face, trying to calm down my breathing.

It wasn't long when I felt the cage being set down. I heard some humans talk but I couldn't understand over my heavy breathing and muffled sobs.

The cloth was removed to reveal a very pissed of man. An ugly one too. He opened the cage and picked Jewel up, "I thought I told you I needed these birds alive."