~Chapter Three~

~Chapter Three~

I was walking down the corridor when I noticed Harry running out of Professor Umbridge's office. He was clutching his hand in pain.

"Harry?" I said stopping him in his tracks.

"Katrina." He said hiding his hand from me.

I snapped his hand from him and traced the scarred words of 'I must not tell lies'. My task was to befriend Harry this year and earn his trust but even without my task I felt a rage burn inside of me. Umbridge.

"Did Umbridge do this to you?" I asked with concern in my tone.

He snatched back his hand. "Why do you care? We've never been friends."

I sighed. This was going to be difficult. "I know what the ministry and everyone else is saying about you. I believe you Harry and I don't agree with Umbridge and her methods. If you need anything at all I'm here."

"You believe me?" he asked surprised.

A brief image of Voldemort in Malfoy Manor flashed before my eyes. "Yes Harry. Be careful please." I said sincerely.

He nodded and for a moment I could tell he was happy. Probably relieved that someone other than the golden trio didn't think he was lying.

"Thank you, Katrina." He smiled.

I suddenly remembered I had some of Snape's scar cream in my pocket. "Here." I said giving to him.

"What's this?" he asked.

"The best scar cream ever made." I smiled thinking of Snape making it for me.

"You have scars?" he asked making me suddenly feel shy.

I backed up. "We all have scars Harry. Only some can disappear with cream." I smiled as I started to walk away.

Walking down the corridor I realised Snape was right, I did feel more at peace being at Hogwarts. The manor always seemed dark and depressing. No matter how much Draco tried to make it better.

I was enjoying the freedom a bit too much and I didn't realise that I was late for potions of all classes. Snape was going to murder me is all I thought before running down the corridor.

You could live in Hogwarts all your life and it still be a maze. As I finally found the right corridor to turn round in the dungeons, I crashed into something hard.

I expected to fall to the floor but instead whatever I crashed into caught me before I ended up smashing my head onto the cold stone. Started, I opened my eyes to find the dark orbs of Professor Snape staring back at me.

"Professor Snape." I whispered slowly finding my voice.

"Where were you?" He asked standing me up. I expected him to be rough but instead he was gentle.

"I was trying to help Harry. As instructed..." I said sheepishly.

He nodded looking relieved. "Are you okay Professor?" I asked concerned. It looked like he hadn't been sleeping very well.

His dark eyes pierced through me right to my soul. Every bone in my body wanted to scrape his hair away from his face. It was then I noticed his arm still wrapped around me. I could feel his heart beating in his chest.

"You've got enough to worry about Miss Karkaroff. You don't need to add me to your list." He said still not letting go.

"Everyone needs a friend Professor." I said placing my hand against his chest because I could no longer control myself.

Unfortunately my actions seemed to snap him out of his trance and he released me from against his body. I suddenly felt a rush of cold as he took a step back.