~Chapter Four~

~Chapter Four~

I hate October. My birthday month. Makes sense that my birthday is on Halloween. My father was visiting tomorrow but the only thing I'm thinking about is that tomorrow is the anniversary of my mother's death and not my birthday.

I've missed classes for a couple of days and just stayed in my room. I normally cope with my birthday but this year is different. The dark lord was on his way to murder my mother 18 years ago today.

Draco kept checking on me, but I still felt alone. I walked over to my book shelf and took the book from my secret admirer. It felt stupid but I wanted to talk to someone who couldn't look at me with pity in their eyes. I picked up my quill and started writing.

Hello secret admirer,

This feels stupid but I wondered if I could talk to you about something?

- Katrina x

I put the book down and decided to take a shower because I thought it would take the person a while to reply. I hadn't showered in a few days so I felt so refreshed when the water hit me.

When I left the shower, the book was glowing on my bed. That was faster than I thought.

Hello Katrina,

Of course, you can. I've been worried about you. I haven't seen you around recently.

- Secret admirer x

Oh so this is definitely someone in this school. I'm praying it isn't Crabbe.

Hello secret admirer,

First of all, I think you should tell me your name so I can stop calling you my 'secret admirer' and second of all thank you for the clarification that I know you.

It's my birthday tomorrow and my fathers coming to visit but I hate my birthday. I hate it for reasons I don't like talking about, so I've been hiding in my room.

- Katrina

I started drying my hair while I waited for a reply. I decided to snap out of my little meltdown and go and have lunch with my friends. If only to protect Draco from his fake friends.

Hello Katrina,

Call me Tobias, that's my middle name. You do see me a lot that's correct.

I had no idea it was your birthday tomorrow. Try not to obsess over why you hate the day but think about spending time with your father. I know how much you love him.

- Tobias

He's right whoever it is and him knowing how much I love my father doesn't narrow it down because everyone saw how I behaved last year. That's what I should do though, focus on seeing my father who I haven't seen all summer.

I smiled towards the book and placed it back onto my beautiful bookshelf. Opening my door I took a deep breath ready to face everyone I've been avoiding. As I walked through the Slytherin common room I ignored the comments my house mates made towards me.

I took a deep breath and opened the doors to the grand hall. I could feel everyone's eyes on me as I made my way over to Draco. As I sat down, I could feel eyes on me from the top table. Professor Snape was staring at me.

"You're alive." Draco said gabbing me in the side.

I tore my gaze away from my professor and smiled at Draco. "I just needed some alone time."

People had started to look away from me and go back to their conversations. After a few minutes of living normally and chatting with Draco I clutched my arm in pain. My dark mark was twisting its way around my arm. I've got better at hiding the pain but Draco could tell I was hiding something.