chapter 4

Lauren slept through the night and woke up slowly. A bird cawed as it flew by the church roof.

Lauren blinked, sitting up. "How the heck did I get here?" She mutters to herself.

There was a pastor coming by with a bible who looked up and noticed Lauren. "Erm, young lady, you're going to have to wait until Sunday... And couldn't you wait by the door like a good young lass?"

"Sorry, Father... I must've sleep-walked again." Lauren says blushing. Now how to get down without killing herself by falling....

"Would you like a hand?" he offered to her.

The roof was quite high. "I think I can try first, Father." she says.

"Suit yourself..." the pastor shrugged, letting her do what she wanted to do.

Lauren tried to get down. 'Don't slip and fall....' she thinks to herself.

The pastor gave her some space, and offered to help if he could. "What were you doin' up there, missy?"

"I don't know Father... I do sleepwalk at times though." she explains.

"Must've been an extreme case..." the pastor said a bit surprised.

Lauren nodded and then gasped, almost falling if not for her grabbing and clinging where she could. The pastor went inside the church, he thought Lauren could handle this herself. Dibbs muttered as he was walking by the church, not stepping in because of the services not open and that he also didn't want to be anywhere near a church. 

Lauren was trying to get down. She gasped as her grip gave and she closed her eyes, expecting to fall on the ground. Dibbs looked up at Lauren, while Carrigan didn't really like the girl and he wasn't sure how to feel about her. He could save her, and if he didn't, she would fall and maybe get hurt. He rolled his eyes slightly and decided to actually step in and stand in the spot where she would fall to serious injury.

Lauren exhaled sharply as she landed in his arms. "Oof!" She gasps, then opened her eyes. "Oh, thank you." she says and hugged him slightly.

Dibbs blinked from the hug. "Erm, you're welcome, Lola..."

"Lauren." Lauren corrects. She then tried to get out of his arms after a bit more of the hug.

"Right... Lauren..." Dibbs nodded, he then slowly got the girl back on her feet. "What are you doing on the church roof? Are you a daredevil or just suicidal?"

"Sleepwalker..." she admits, blushing slightly. She really thought she had.

"Well, try to be more careful next time." Dibbs said to her before going off to find Carrigan, but didn't tell Lauren that, they were going to watch the Manor in secret. 

Cherry found the time to get up and dressed, going to meet James and Kat for breakfast, she wondered where Lauren must had been. The slightly older girl must had been a heavy sleeper. Lauren started to make her way back, not caring she was in her nightclothes. She hummed and held onto the crystal around her neck. Carrigan looked at Dibbs.

Dibbs came to meet Carrigan. "Sorry I'm late."

Carrigan looked at him. "What made you late?" She asks.

"Damsel in distress." Dibbs mumbled, joking about Lauren being in danger.

Carrigan looked at him. "Well next time, don't." she huffs.

"Erm, yes ma'am..." Dibbs grew a little nervous, he didn't really like Carrigan, but he was sort of controlled by her.

Carrigan drove up towards Whipstaff.