A past dinner

Mabel POV

Sitting at my vanity Murrow I finished the last touches in my makeup looking at myself I couldn't help but love myself more. From my perfectly sculpted face with no blemishes.

The way my slim yet curvy body fit into my off-the-shoulder navy blue dress perfectly. as if it was an extension of my skin And my eyes that Pacifica is seemingly so entranced.

Looking at myself for a few more minutes I eyed a photo of me and Pacifica at her birthday party. Both were equally drunk as hell happiness overflowing like a pre-shaken cola. I picked up a small journal of my own that I write in I started scrolling through the entries

"year is march 15 2014. It happened again I'm going to restart the loop. So far I've made the most progress but I just hope the fourth time is the charm"

"September 12 2012 I'm exhausted this will be my fifth attempt not counting the first try and the trial run. The last four were busts with the third attempt holding the most progress. This has to work it needs to work"

"September 15, 2012. I've made a foolproof plan nothing can go wrong this will end right and I won't ever have to watch her die again" I scoffed at the words 'fool proof' I didn't account for the fact that her dad wouldn't care if she was gay.

And I went through all that trouble I went through to make Pacifica be born into a conservative family instead of the hippie one she was born into. Nonetheless, it was still going great yet I felt as if I was forgetting something

"December 20. So far everything is good I've checked off all my marks except for two. I need something to chain Pacifica to me as well as create a genuine bond. " the words clicked inside my head "genuine bond" I had forgotten about that I must have been too busy messing with her geno to remember.

"Will. what type of stuff is Pacifica into" the little blue triangle floated over to me holding an empty tray "a-art m-am"

"Jesus fucking Christ you and that damn stutter" standing up from the chair I put the journal away locking it with a secret key "but I can work with that." Standing up from my seat I brushed my dress looking at myself one more time in the mirror before slipping on my shoes and grabbing my phone and leaving my room.

Downstairs my two great uncles stood fixing their ties and giving the hairs one last comb through dressed in matching grey suits with their twist to them. From uncle Stanford's ascot with broach and his obnoxiously slick back hair and uncle Stanley's chesterfield coat and stupid hat that seems to never fit with any of his outfits.

And dipping stick was... Well, you know him. A scowl here a scowl there and he wonders why people think their something incestcestial going on between me and him. He acts as if we're a married couple and Pacifica is my mistress but anyways

Once in the car, I made sure to remind everyone to be on their best behavior telling mason that there will be no alcohol for either of us. As well as bad words slurs and any type of negative words. To which he agreed and my uncles just had to seem civil and not like a bunch of mad time-wrapping wizards.

And once There I tried my best to be on my behavior as well. I was even nice to the server when he messed up my order and made sure to seem as deeply in love with Pacifica as possible that was until her stupid pops brought up my bipolar disability asking me if I was on medication. Does it look like o need medication

I'm not when if those weirdo halfwits no brain retarded kids are. And I flipped at him because I hate whenever anyone brings up my disability. I'm sorry I don't want to be reminded how I'm not built correctly

But he understood and apologized and as any good daughter-in-law, I forgave him. And the rest of the night went swell

Biting my lips I looked down at the paragraph I had written in my journal "uhh this is getting too long. In the end, all that matters I that Pacifica loves me I love her and no one is going to get in the way of our love. No matter how many times I have to genetically change her no matter how many times I have to jump through timelines."

SHE WILL BE MINE