six

"How much do you know about your new lab assistant?" Tony asked, barging into Bruce's lab.

Tony hadn't been able to sleep all night with the possibility that you might, well, be you. You had said that you were given a big opportunity and were hesitant to take it. Was this the opportunity you were talking about? Was he the reason you were hesitant to take it?

But then... what if you weren't the new lab assistant? What if it was just a coincidence?

But why didn't you tell him the truth if you were? Were you ashamed to know him? Were you just being nice?

Or what Tony just overthinking this whole situation?

"Y/N?" Bruce questioned. He looked up at his friend, pulling his glasses from his face. "Not much, she's pretty quiet. Why?"

"Just wondering," he shrugged, trying to not make it seem like he was headed for your area.

"Did you meet her?"

"Last night. I saw the lights on and thought it was you."

"Are you asking because you find her attractive? Tony, you cannot date in the workplace again. After Pepper—"

"That's not it." Though, Tony had to admit that Bruce's new lab assistant was attractive.

"Are you sure?"

"I saw the work she was doing. Seems like she can hold her own."

"She can. She's just as good as the university said."

Tony nodded, looking over your work. "Maybe I could borrow her sometime? You know, one of my late-night projects?"

"Tony," Bruce's voice was a warning.

"That's not what I meant!"

"Please keep it in your pants, that's all I'm asking."

"Okay, dad, whatever you say."

~~~

You were grateful that it was Saturday and could stay on your floor without interruption. Besides, you really didn't get much sleep since your mind was replaying the instance with Tony over and over again. You cringed as you thought about it all.

It took you all day to decide if you would meet up with Tony at your usual place. You were honestly scared to, but you decided to anyway. Stuffing your suit into your backpack, you headed out of the Tower. No one stopped you or questioned you which you were thankful for. Finding a private alley, you slipped your suit on and began a patrol over the city.

You hadn't been out in your suit, using your powers, since before you moved into the Tower. It was nice to swing around again.

"Hey, spidey girl," Iron Man said as he flew up beside you. "Miss me?"

You couldn't help but smile at the sound of his voice. "Hey, tin man. Glad to see you made it out alive."

"I'm honored that you care."

You scoffed. "Don't be so sure about that. Maybe I was just bored."

You swung up and flipped onto the roof that was your normal meeting spot. Placing yourself on the ledge, you watched as Tony flew down and placed himself beside you.

"How was the mission though?" You asked.

"It was successful," he responded. His helmet surprisingly disappeared, showing his large brown eyes looking at you.

"What? What are you doing?" You leaned back like he was threatening to hurt you.

"What? Never seen my face before? Or am I really that ugly?"