seven

Going back home to the Tower, you had to be careful. You needed to change back into your normal clothes and try not to run into anyone. You were excited that you would now get to spend more time with Tony. Though, technically, since you were now working with Bruce, you were already going to be able to spend more time with Tony. Meeting up was different. There was an excitement to it, that buzzed through you.

You were smiling to yourself in the elevator up to your floor when the elevator stopped at the door dinged open. You held your breath as you waited to see who was entering.

Bruce smiled at you when he noticed you in the elevator. "Hey, Y/N," he greeted, stepping in. "Just the person I was looking for."

"You were looking for me?" You wondered.

"Yes," he nodded. "A bunch of the team wants to meet you at dinner tomorrow."

"Oh... uh, what time?"

"Around five."

You thought for a second. You could make it right? Besides Tony would probably be there and if he was, then he wouldn't be able to meet up with you. But then, how would you excuse yourself without making it obvious?

"So," Bruce broke through your thoughts, "what do you say? I know that the Team can seem like a whole lot but I know that they'll love you and they are really excited to get to know you."

"Yeah, yeah, I'll be there," you decided.

"Great!" The elevator dinged, opening up to your floor. "I'll see you tomorrow night then!"

~~~

"Hey, Stark," Bucky greeted as he entered the common area kitchen.

Tony was standing in the kitchen, pouring himself a cup of coffee. "Barnes," he replied.

"You coming to the Team dinner tonight? I heard Bruce's new assistant is going to be there. Rumor has it that she's cute."

Tony hated the way his jaw clenched at Bucky's comment. He didn't even know if you two were the same person for sure, but the thought of someone else being attracted to you made him angry.

"Yes, I'm coming," Tony answered. "Why wouldn't I? It's a dinner in my Tower that I'm more than likely paying for."

In his mind, he was already creating a plan to leave the party early. Because what if Bruce's lab assistant and spidey-girl weren't the same person? He couldn't let his spidey-girl down by not showing up.

"Chill, Stark," Bucky said. "It was just a question."

"What does Stark need to chill about this time?" Steve questioned as he came into the room with Sam.

"Is it about Bruce's new assistant? Because I caught a glimpse of her the other day and she is cute." Sam commented.

Tony clenched his jaw and stormed out of the room, heading for his lab.

"Yeah, it was definitely about Bruce's assistant."

~~~

To say that you were nervous about this Team dinner party was a complete understatement. Your nervousness was causing your ability to stick to surfaces to act up, which just made you even more nervous. With every outfit you tried to put together, your hands would stick to the items. You ended up tearing half your wardrobe up while trying to figure out what to wear. You were almost in tears, almost deciding to back up and slip out with your suit to blow off some steam around the city.

"Excuse me, Miss Y/N," FRIDAY interrupted your growing panic. You jumped, not prepared for the AI to speak to you. "The Team dinner is starting in five minutes."